Thread: hello new here PLEASE DON"T LYNCH ME

Default hello new here PLEASE DON"T LYNCH ME

i have a question (not sure if this is the right place) ok here goes, i get that some companies are not to be named here, i can dig that but some of us have purchased sabers from said company and would like to do a gut and rebuild on our sabers and a few pointers or advice would be be GREATLY appreciated (preferably without all the bashing yeah i get it and have heard a ton of it) (US if you haven't already figured it out please again no bashing). Am I better off having Shapeways print a chassis or am I better off constructing one from the chassis disks (looking to do a NBv3 or Spark2 build). The reason I ask is because i have 4 1/2" MAX from inner lip to pommel threads to try to KRAM-FU a chassis with battery and speaker in there, has anyone done this if so ANY help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Happy Sabering And May The Force Be With You Always.

You'll need a set of calipers to take accurate measurements of the internal diameter of your parts. If they're close to MHS specs, you should be able to use MHS-compatible chassis setups.

See here for info on the MHS system: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...System-aka-MHS

4 1/2" length is sufficient for a number of setups. It's gonna be a tight fit, but it is certainly possible if your skills are up to the challenge.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Thank you, I believe the ID is within the realm of 1.25 so the chassis disks should work, I was more concerned with the 4 1/2" hilt depth. By the sounds of it though I may be better served constructing a cpl MHS builds first before I attempt a "KRAM-FU" build of this nature. I really do like my Standard Issue hilt, but find the internals sadly lacking and wish to upgrade them to a NB v3 or Spark 2. my end game is to eventually build the first 4, The Graflex ESB, The MPP ESB, Obi-Wans ANH, and Luke's ROTJ as my 4 "Master builds" but deffinately want to hone my build skill set before attempting those 4 monsters. again thank you for your input. Happy Sabering and MTFBWYA

I did a PC 1.6 install in that hilt.

It can be done. I would suggest a nano Prizm install to save space (and money) along with an 18500 battery. An 18650 may be a little too tight with the necessary Recharge port.

I can say that the the 18500 battery will give you good run time with a NBv2. I run a RGB tri-reb with 2 led running full power and get great life. So using it to save space won't cost you much run time. Just a bit of info you might want.

Ty_Bomber what type of chassis did you use, or did you build your own from the acrylic chassis disks?