Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MHS, Graflex inspired saber ?Generational Journey?

Default MHS, Graflex inspired saber ?Generational Journey?

This saber is made of modified MHS parts, 3-D printed parts, and other metals. My idea was to create a graflex inspired design that would be able to take the owner thru the life of the graflex saber used in all of the SW movies. I believe I accomplished this using fonts beginning with ANH and ending with Ep VII (I did use all 12 sound banks which includes three bonus fonts).

Saber specs:

Plector Labs Crystal Focus 7.5 & CeX
    Tri-Cree Red, Green, Royal Blue LED from TCSS
    Modified 3-D chassis from shapeways
    TCSS graflex red button (activation)
    TCSS graflex glass eye (drilled so the light shines thru)
    TCSS grips (aligned by http://www.partsofsw.com/ stencil)
    5mm RGB LED for crystal chamber - set to pulse different colors on idle and mirror blade
    2.1mm Recharge port
    Graflex inspired blade plug from by Props & Prototypes (from the Esty store)
    TCSS modified D-ring

Sound banks - all from Saberfont.com

bank 1 - Graflex IV by JuanSith (ANH font) - ANHish blade color
    bank 2 - Hoth by MadCow (ESB Hoth font) - blue/green blade color
    bank 3 - Dagobah by Lord Blako (ESB Yoda?s planet font) - blue blade color
    bank 4 - Bespin II by MadCow (ESB Luke v. Vade font) - blue blade color
    bank 5 - Vader OT by MadCow (Vader font - graflex battled in font) - red blade
    bank 6 - Clone Wars by Phoenix Jedi - blue blade
    bank 7 - The Chosen One by Darth Xusia (ROTS font) - blue blade
    bank 8 - Graflex TFA HD by Shameem Moshrefzadeh - royal blue blade
    bank 9 - Awakening by Nightstorm (Kylo inspired font) - red blade

Non-Generational, but fun fonts
    bank 10 - Calibrate by MadCow (crystal chamber/diagnosis font) - Yellow blade
    bank 11 - Skywalker ROTJ by Lord Blako (One of my faves because it has R2-D2 noises!) - Green blade
    bank 12 - Rogue by MadCow (my personal favorite font on all my sabers) - orange blade

Pics:

WIP pic:

A few other pics:

Questions/comments are welcomed! Thanks everyone!

Great saber! I love MHS graflex builds, it's very rare with all the Replicas, but no less iconic!

Awesome saber. Nice work

Beautifully crafted! I love how the light from the crystal chamber is visible through the bubble card.

Nice one, I really like the way you did the crystal chamber reveal with the graflex clamp, looks sweet!

Yes indeed, very cool saber JaksonFright! I agree with Quixotic Jedi, the way you've hidden the crystal chamber with the clamp is a great touch! And you use of the journey of this saber really well for sound font inspiration, that's truly awesome. If you haven't seen this already, check out this video "Path of a Lightsaber" by Christopher Sherwood on YouTube. Your saber definitely captures the magic.

Beautiful saber, and really captures the magic using MHS parts—I really admire that, having found a love for those pieces. What did you use for the ring around the blade, the one that would otherwise be a part of the bunny ears?

Thanks everyone!
    The beauty of MHS is that 5 people could use the same parts and you would see 5 completely different sabers!

For the ring - I used a piece of MHS shroud material that I cut down and bent in the center so that it would fit. I then drilled & tapped two holes so that 4-40 screws could secure the ring. I put a lot of work/time/funds into this build. I'm glad you all like it! Thanks!!!

Thanks! I actually had not seen the video you mentioned. I'll check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by JaksonFright View Post
    Thanks! I actually had not seen the video you mentioned. I'll check it out!
    Of course! Your're totally right, MHS is an awesomely flexible and creative system. And yeah, I stumbled across that Path of a Lightsaber video sorta randomly, but it's worth seeing, great original piano composition for it too.