Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Weird problem with accent LEDs not working with NBv3

Question Weird problem with accent LEDs not working with NBv3

Using the following:
    Nano Biscotte v3
    18650B LI-ION BATTERY 3400mAh 3.7v
    Recharge port
    2x Amber Accent LEDs (Forward Voltage: 2.8 ~ 3.0v / Forward Current: 20mA each) with a Dyna_Ohm resistor

These methods DO work (actually turn on LEDs):
    Wire the battery straight to LEDs
    Battery to recharge port / recharge port to LEDs

These do NOT work:
    Battery to reharge port / Port to NBv3 / NBv3 3.3v accent pad to LEds
    Battery to reharge port / Port to NBv3 & tap wires for LEDs into the main +&- of NBv3

For some reason as soon as I include the NBv3 in the wiring my accent LEDs wont turn on. Im at wits end and can't figure out what the problem is. Any suggestions on what I can try next?

The 3.3V pad is meant for 1 Accent LED (not 2).

You could parallel wire the LEDs with your mains, but make sure you have the right resistors on them.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

But I also removed the 3.3v pad from the equation and it still doesn't work. Here is a diagram of how I tried to take the pad out. Shouldnt this diagram work (forgot to add dyno-ohm resistor on diagram but ive also used standard resistors with no luck)?
    Im trying to wire it so the accent leds turn on when I pull the kill key.
    Saber 2 led issues.jpg
    Last edited by T-RO; 06-19-2016 at 02:03 PM.

That diagram should work. Either you're wiring the LEDs incorrectly, or you've blown them out. You may have the polarity reversed on them.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

But the leds turn on when i apply power. They wont turn on once the sound card comes into the mix it seems.

Take a good picture of your wiring. Something doesn't add up.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

One pic shows wired with NB3 and the other is just through recharge port (2 accent leds, you can only see 1).
    20160622_192025-1.jpg
    20160622_192100-1.jpg

Does the NB turn on? I would check the to be sure power is coming through the jst connectors. Both the one connecting the battery and the one to the LEDs. Then check the spice you made for the accent + and -. Since it is forward of the NB in the flow the NB should not be causing it.
    Last edited by FenixFire; 06-22-2016 at 07:43 PM.

Yes, the NB turns on and works fine. If i hit activation switch i get main led on and sound effects.

Quote Originally Posted by T-RO View Post
    Yes, the NB turns on and works fine. If i hit activation switch i get main led on and sound effects.
    Do you have power at the jst leading to the accents? The only two places that could be faulty are the splice and the jst. Like stated the NB is upstream of the Accents as you have it wired.