Thread: Diagram and question

Default Diagram and question

I am using a little USB -> 3.7V board to charge my battery. It has a jack for a battery, and also through-holes to solder to. The through-holes are directly connected to the battery, so I'm using them to connect the battery to the NBv2. Bonus, I can run the saber with a dead or missing battery straight from USB. This has been great for testing things.

Anyway, here's the wiring-diagram without a kill switch.
    WD.jpg
    A kill switch would go on the negative (black) wire before it Ts off to the momentary switch. Correct?

No, kill switches go between the battery and the board, not in the switch circuit.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Thanks. I think that's what I meant... so on my diagram, the switch needs to be on the black wire, about where the red wire jumps over it? Between the power board and where the switch-circuit Ts off, so the power board can still charge the battery even when the kill switch is engaged.

I'll redraw/modify the diagram in the morning.

WDwKS.jpg

An improved(?) wiring diagram with the kill switch in what I believe is the correct place. Can someone confirm that it's right before I break out the soldering iron, please?

That looks like an acceptable location for a kill switch.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Excellent. Thanks Jay-Gon and SS!

FWiW, the second (and therefore first) diagram here works great. Recharges via mini-USB, looks and sounds great.

It's only crammed at the moment, so I need to put a proper chassis together, but I'm still very pleased!

I'd recommend the little Ada mini-USB charger board (there's a micro one too) to anybody who would like a less specialized charging method for their saber.