Thread: Cant get RICE to work.

Default Cant get RICE to work.

okay first off, yes its wired correctly. when i have the saber on, and i unplug the rice cable, the saber recognizes it, and reboots. my problem is not getting the program to recognize the saber. now i downloaded the device drivers, but they dont come with instructions. Im running windows 10, and i ran the CP210xVCPInstaller_x64.exe and it still wont recognize the saber. When i unplug the usb, it shows nothing in the port com list. when i plug it in, it shows portcom 5 - even if i plug it in to the other front usb connection on my tower. but it wont connect.

I had the same issue.

I swapped the wires on the rx and tx, and it worked.

well i double checked it like 5 times and its wired correctly. the bottom, and longest pin goes to the battery neg, the right pin goes to the underside connection closest to the sd card slot, and the left pin connection goes to the pad just to the right of that, second from the sd card slot. if the saber is recognizing the rice port being unplugged, then that means its wired properly. i just think its the drivers on my com, and ive tried everything. uninstall, reinstall, reboot, manually putting the sys, and inf files into the directories.
    Last edited by Ambrosius Malachai; 06-13-2016 at 07:48 PM.

I'm telling you, I did the wiring exactly like it shows in the manual, and the rx and tx are flipped on one of the rice plugs.

It can't hurt to try.

it worked. which is retarded since thats backwards from how its own manual says to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrosius Malachai View Post
    it worked. which is retarded since thats backwards from how its own manual says to do it.
    Manuals can be wrong, even with the largest of companies who manufacture all the components. Perhapse the RICE port or even the Cable is not an exact part number as documented in the manual, or the manufacture of the port or even the cable changed the pin-out for one reason or another. It is very, very common for electrical components to change from model year to model year, or offer multiple SKUs by simply changing a pin-out.

Actually the manual gives you the same answer on page 42 in the Prism, 75 on the CF, and 39 on the PC.

"If you got a USB serial port
    adapter from another source,
    the pinout might differ. If you
    cannot get the RICE software
    to talk to the board, try
    swapping Rx and Tx. "