Thread: Naasad's Starkiller Training Gear

Default Naasad's Starkiller Training Gear

So, little back story...

Back in 2009, I wanted a Star Wars costume for Halloween & 3 days before Halloween I decided to do Starkiller's training gear & it came out ok for 3 days of work:

Fast forward to Tuscon Comic Con 2014...a friend of mine & I are talking about future projects & I mention that I want to do a more comfortable costume & I mention looking into doing a Generic Jedi, to which she says that I'd make a good Starkiller. I had almost forgotten about my Starkiller by that time as I had only worn it for the Halloween I had built it for. So I dug everything out & started going thru the CRLs on the 501st. I knew that my belts would need to be changed because they were vinyl, but what I DIDN't know when I built my original costume was that Starkiller wears BROWN EVERYTHING & of course I had done everything black so I set about planning for a complete overhaul. the one piece that I thought MIGHT be salvagable was the collar. after going thru everything I put it all back in my dresser drawer & forgot about it again...

...fast forard to Phoenix Comic Con 2015 & I am now determined to make a more comfortable Star Wars kit. So again I start pouring over the 501st CRLs & forming a plan of attack, January of this year I finally actually started working on the costume in hopes that I could finish in time for PCC 2016. the obvious place for me to start was the Collar (yes I know I had said it was the only piece that didn't NEED to be rebuilt, I just didn't like old one anymore & I'm SOOOO glad I decided to make a new one). Fast Forward to the weekend before PCC 2016 & I still don't have my soft parts done & the seamstress who had been helping me is going out of town. Luckily she had helped me make a mock up & I had all the patterns from that. By this time I'm panicking & then I remember that my mom knows how to sew & that she has a sewing machine. Knowing that the soft parts are a pretty easy thing, I take my fabric & patterns to my mom's & over the course of 2 days (Saturday & Tuesday) we knock out all the soft parts. the Wednesday before PCC 2016 comes & I haven't done any weathering to the soft parts at all, so I start in on it & finally get everything finished Thursday morning (the first day of PCC).

I had made it & I ended up wearing the costume all day Friday of PCC...even got some pics with the big man & a friend who had worn her Juno Eclipse that day knowing that I'd be in my Starkiller...

I wanna first say thanx for putting up with my rambling story & I would love to hear your feedback on my progression & outcome. I will be submitting this costume to the 501st for approval probably this weekend & I'll keep you all posted on the results!

Thanx for looking!

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

Very nice! Definitely glad you decided to make a new collar; I like it better than the old one, it seems more proportioned to you!

Whenevr I see good Starkillers like this, it makes me want to dust off my old plans to make a Lord Starkiller costume