Thread: Proof of concept

Default Proof of concept

I was in my local hardware store and saw some really cool copper tube draw pulls and thought man that would make a cool looking plasma tube on a saber emitter and hilt. length would be between 1 1/8 in. to 2 in. max
    I have a very crude drawing of my concept.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DarthSkummelavsky; 06-10-2016 at 10:21 AM.

its a neat idea.
    Here are couple of things to consider. People like having the chokes on their sabers so they can spin them fast. your placement of the tubes will force your grip far down near the pommel. This will make the saber feel very blade heavy. The other thing to consider is copper is a very soft metal and any dueling with it will probably dent or crush it. I'm not sure how close these are to what you found, but have you considered using Steel Footman Loops

Quote Originally Posted by Sevinzol View Post
    its a neat idea.
    Here are couple of things to consider. People like having the chokes on their sabers so they can spin them fast. your placement of the tubes will force your grip far down near the pommel. This will make the saber feel very blade heavy. The other thing to consider is copper is a very soft metal and any dueling with it will probably dent or crush it. I'm not sure how close these are to what you found, but have you considered using Steel Footman Loops
    Unless it is a higher end product (say $10 ea. Or better), most hardware store quality "Copper" and "Brass" pulls are actually copper or brass clad pot metal now because of the cost of copper. Strength should not be a problem. I have seen several sabers on the web using the above footmans loops on nearly the identical saber setup.
    Last edited by FenixFire; 06-10-2016 at 05:54 AM.

Blog Entries

Several on the first page here use them. http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...-Custom-Sabers
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Quote Originally Posted by Sevinzol View Post
    its a neat idea.
    People like having the chokes on their sabers so they can spin them fast. your placement of the tubes will force your grip far down near the pommel. This will make the saber feel very blade heavy. Steel Footman Loops
    Thanks for the heads-up. The saber I am considering using the loops on will be a wall hanger more than a back-yard dueling saber. At least when its done, that will be my disclaimer to the new owner. Its a kinda thank-you gift for a family member.