Thread: blade holder 21 & 22: any restriction on light path?

Question blade holder 21 & 22: any restriction on light path?

Hey, all.
    I'm looking at the (sadly out-of-stock) blade holder 21 & 22, and wondering if anyone knows if they restrict the amount of light that comes out. The review of #22 has one photo, but I'm wondering if anyone has done a side-by-side comparison of a 21/22 emitter with an emitter without a neck in the middle and can comment on how lit up their blades are.

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MH...e-21-P696.aspx
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Sc...e-22-P730.aspx

No they do not ...the light comes out like any other Blade Holder. If you have a stunt saber with it on slide the blade out.....the light doesn't chance do to the power of these tiny little LED....and when they say don't look at them....they mean it DON'T LOOK AT THEM!

*grin* Yeah, I know I get a headache if I accidentally look directly at the LED. But since it's a physical narrowing of the blade holder, I was wondering how much (if any) it affects things.

Thanks for your reply! I'd love to hear from other people who have used this blade holder, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanamira View Post
    *grin* Yeah, I know I get a headache if I accidentally look directly at the LED. But since it's a physical narrowing of the blade holder, I was wondering how much (if any) it affects things.

Thanks for your reply! I'd love to hear from other people who have used this blade holder, too.
    You can actually get retnal damage, they are class II lasers. I actually have a fairly large "burn" patch in my left eye from a red Cree from a few years ago curtesy of an optemology prototype and a wack job optometrist turned inventor. It's not a total blind spot, shows a neon green "ink stain" in bright sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanamira View Post
    I do not own one of these Blade Holders....i just know about the LED's used for them. And like FenixFire said....they will do more damage then just give you a headache.
    With Millicandela(candle power) of 25000mcd to 65000mcd...that's some major brightness. There are even some as high as 104000mcd.

*nod*
    Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your replies -- but I'm looking for replies from someone with this actual blade emitter who can run objective tests. I'm familiar with these LEDs, so I know how bright they get.

I'm asking about what percentage (if any) of the LED's lumens are restricted because of the emitter's narrowness. Sorry if my initial question was confusing.