Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NBv3 with accent wire check

Default NBv3 with accent wire check

Just checking to see if my accent LED is wired correctly in parallel with the main LED. This should make it turn on and off with the main LED right? Thanks as always. And also thank you Voodoo for this wire schematic.

Last edited by SPACEMONKEY1; 03-16-2016 at 01:45 PM.

Your positive wire should merge with the main positive, not after the resistor for one of your main dice. Also if you want someone to check your resistor value you'll need to post the specs of your accent LED.

Quote Originally Posted by NanoRex View Post
    Your positive wire should merge with the main positive, not after the resistor for one of your main dice. Also if you want someone to check your resistor value you'll need to post the specs of your accent LED.
    Nano, I have it merging with the main positive at the top before the switch. Should it be merged with the positive leading to the board after the switch? I'll post the specs on the resistors once I get home later.

Nano, my accent LED is 3.3vf 20 ohm.

Quote Originally Posted by SPACEMONKEY1 View Post
    Nano, my accent LED is 3.3vf 20 ohm.
    You mean 20mA not Ohm.

Quote Originally Posted by FenixFire View Post
    You mean 20mA not Ohm.
    yes, my mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by FenixFire View Post
    You mean 20mA not Ohm.
    Fenix, you see anything wrong with the accent LED wire? I have the positive going to the main positive and negative going to the main LED negative. So the LED should turn on and off with the main blade.

Nano, I have it merging with the main positive at the top before the switch. Should it be merged with the positive leading to the board after the switch? I'll post the specs on the resistors once I get home later.
    Meant to say after the charge port, not switch.

Ha! I'm an idiot. I completely read your diagram wrong. The wiring looks good, but the resistor wattage is way too high. You might as well use a DynaOhm if you're going to use something that big.

I am in a similar quandary. Am building my first saber and wanted an accent LED for a crystal chamber. My blade LED module is a Cree Star LED & MHSV2 Heatsink Module and the crystal chamber LED is a white 3mm bulb.
    1. Can I wire the 3mm LED into the blade wiring?
    2. If yes, would I need an additional resistor going to the 3mm LED?

I was looking at the diagram at the top of the page and got confused by all the wires coming from the blade LED. Any help would be greatly appreciated...Thank you