Thread: Help with first build - Crystal Focus 8

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Help with first build - Crystal Focus 8

Hey guys so, i am building my first saber. I was originally planning on using the petit crouton, but i ended up getting enough extra money that i went ahead and bought the new CF V8. The only problem is, the manual only shows single led wiring, or wiring that may not be what i want. So i was wondering if i could get some help on how to wire it, and then what resistors to use.

My build so far

Crystal Focus 8
    RGrB Cree XP-E2 Copper Nova
    Rice port
    Recharge Port
    7.4v Li-ion 1400mAh 18500 Battery Pack
    2 16mm Anti-Vandal Blue Momentary Switches
    Premium 28mm Speaker

I also want to maybe do a crystal chamber.

What i want
    Full color mixing
    FOC
    Main Blade color to be Arctic Blue

The manual also describes multiple ways to do multi-LED wiring, so check out those pages for details

yeah, but it has two dies going to foc, and the main die as the red one, will that still give full color mixing

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrosius Malachai View Post
    yeah, but it has two dies going to foc, and the main die as the red one, will that still give full color mixing
    Yes, if you read over the manual (again) each channel that a LED is wired to will allow you to control that particular color, giving you the ability to mix colors. I strongly recommend that you read through the manual a few times to get a good feel for the board, and its abilities.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

so then does that mean i have to wire it exactly as shown, with red as the main color, or do i then tell the board what color is wired where, using rice?

Yes. The board doesn't exactly care what colour is where, but the RICE editor needs to know in order to allow you to adjust the settings more conveniently.
    Last edited by NanoRex; 05-27-2016 at 07:07 PM.