Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: New to sabers

I better start saving up... Well in this link http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/fo...topic.php?t=22 he says he's using his led hilt kit. I looked through all the led specific products and I couldn't find such a thing. I could find all the things seperate but not together. Is it still for sale? Oh and what's an mhs? I know it's a modular hilt system but what does that mean?

Hehe thanks.

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

ya he doesn't have that anymore, he does for the el. don't know where it went.

mhs just means you can take all the parts he has and make an awsome saber. all parts interchange

maybe becouse of this he got rid of that kit.
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/pc...e-adapter.aspx

BLUE 3- Ready

oh ok. For the emitter he was talking about, I couldn't find anything 10$ except this: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/pc...r-style-1.aspx but that's for EL

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

yep, with the mhs builder you can pic the pieces you want and it even tells you how much it will be and the lengh.
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/saber.aspx
    there are a couple of things that are not listed in the mhs builder like the claws, mr luke pommel, and the v-grooved ribbed ext

BLUE 3- Ready

Lmao the most basic saber with everything I need is $97. Oh and what's drill/tapping a hole? Aren't all the pieces already drilled?

Quote Originally Posted by bustinthejus
    Lmao the most basic saber with everything I need is $97. Oh and what's drill/tapping a hole? Aren't all the pieces already drilled?
    Tapping means adding the screw threads to a hole. If $97 bucks is gonna kill you, split it up over a few paychecks. Several people here buy one piece at a time until they get what they want. It's really worth it once you get it together. Plus, once you've finished you have a basic understanding of electrical flow and soldering. It's worth the money if you enjoy sabers.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_K.Fisto
    Quote Originally Posted by bustinthejus
    Tapping means adding the screw threads to a hole. If $97 bucks is gonna kill you, split it up over a few paychecks. Several people here buy one piece at a time until they get what they want. It's really worth it once you get it together. Plus, once you've finished you have a basic understanding of electrical flow and soldering. It's worth the money if you enjoy sabers.
    I'll look into it. Oh and screw threads means those swirly things screws go in right? (Lol I never knew what those were called)

Oh and would I be able to use an EL mhs emitter for led? Cause for some reason EL emitters cost $10 and the led costs $18.

One more question. For tapping and drilling, where would I do it on the blade holder? Do I just stick the blade in, find a place I like, and start tapping and drilling?

Council Member
    Sith Lord

you should best have tim do the drilling/tapping for you. from the way you post you seem really young and you don't have a clue about anything

you can not use the el emitter. it has a whole different setup for an entirely different technology
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

I think he said he's 11 in an earlier post.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Ah.....no paycheck.