Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: New to sabers

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

even if you went sing tube. you figure double the cost for electronic kit, blade holders and blades. your talkin still 150 ish

BLUE 3- Ready

Alright that clears things up a bit. But I'm looking at almost 100 bucks for a basic saber. Does it seriously cost that much for a saber? A complete led blade costs 30 bucks, basic electronics pack almost 20, and a pommel, center, and blade holder costs me about 50 bucks. That's a lot of money for something that just looks cool... I dunno I wasn't planning to use a lot of money for this. I'm 11. I have like 20 bucks, and my dad will probably put in around 10-20 bucks. so that's around 30-40 bucks. Is it possible to get a half decent looking saber for around 30 bucks?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

GRRR.... Why are you all pandering to him?

Read!

These are beyond basic. This is "I registered without looking at the anything." No looking at the store... the tutorials... the FAQ... Index...

I feel this close to posting every single link and closing the darn thread to let him read.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

hey, we do top of the line stuff that is totally customizable. also, we are pretty much the best saber store around so if you do want a really sweet led saber then this is the only place. you could go to ultrasabers but their stuff costs just as much and they don't have double bladed sabers other than the maul, which costs like 280 converted.

Is it possible to get a half decent looking saber for around 30 bucks?
    it is, but it won't have any lighting systems or sound whatsoever.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Sorry. I'll go read the faq and look around. I'll come back and ask if I still have questions.

even still an mr is about 100

http://masterreplicas.com/store/star_wars/force_fx/
    you can get them on ebay for a little less depending on which one you want.

sorry X-wing, it's like seeing a bird with a broken wing. can't help but to help

BLUE 3- Ready

Council Member
    Sith Lord

if you just want a saber and not really invest in it then you'll be forced to go the crapola hasbro rought. other than that it will be a min of 80ish for a SINGLE bladed saber and you want a dual bladed one. If you want something that will last forever then shop here and spend the money.

my saber will cost upwards of 230 as of right now and it is a single blader. it's almost funny just watching the price rise up every time you do a calculation of what it'll cost. i originally was only gonna spend 150ish and it has only gone up

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Wow it's amazing what sabers can cost. I already have some hasbro sabers. They're fun to hit people, but they lack the "authentic" feel. If I make a single blade saber, would it be possible to push for 50 bucks?

Council Member
    Sith Lord

maybe. but that would be a bare minimum saber.
    to start, you will need:
    1) a completed blade ----------------29.99
    2) a basic electronics kit-------------18.19
    3) 1 1/2 in. sink tube 12 in. long-----3.87
    4) mhs to 1.5 in. sinktube adapter---9.70
    5) emitter #1--------------------------10.00

which gives you a grand total of ---71.75$ tax and shipping not included

And this saber won't be having sound in case you didn't already know that

ya it's not cheap. I'm at about 200 on mine and I still need something else, (buttered toast) mmmmm

BLUE 3- Ready