Thread: MWS Electronics Question

Default MWS Electronics Question

I know its probably been answered before but I'm limited on searching things so. My dang autism. How do these work? Just plug them together and all will be working? Or is extra wire needed? Pre-wired Cree blue led, 4 AAA battery pack, switch, 1ohm 5w resistor since its just a stunt? Thanks for the info =] Sorry to sound like a noob again :P Its been forever since I last did a build like I said but the tech has grown since then so
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

You just plug it all together, and it should work fine.

Why a 4 AAA battery holder? That puts out 6 volts. You could use the 2 AA holder instead. Since it only puts out 3 volts, you wouldn't need a resistor at all for the blue, green, and white LEDs.

You might need extra wire, and you might not need it. It depends on how big your lightsaber will be, and how far the electronics are from each other.
    Last edited by Generic Jedi; 05-19-2016 at 12:48 PM.

Hmm okay. Thanks for that. Yeah it'll just be a regular cree blue led module. It'll have the main body, choke, blade holder, and pommel. I always put the led on the top section of the choke so the led shines good through the blade. Or could it still work through the body to the choke and still light up pretty good? Would a cyan also work in that set up?

If you use a 2 AA battery holder, you won't need a resistor with the Cree green, blue, royal blue, and white LEDs, or the Rebel green, blue, royal blue, white, and cyan LEDs.

If the wires on the pre-wired LEDs and battery holder aren't long enough, you could use this extension.

Ohh okay. I'll probably get a few of those then too just to be safe. Just gotta think of how many :P