Thread: Need for my first lightsaber

Default Need for my first lightsaber

Hi, I'm going to build a saber for my finishing project in High School.
    The plan is to make it into a double bladed lightsaber.
    I want to create a persenal design for the hilt so if I could get some guidelines in mesurements on the diamiter on the inside, the blade holder and for the buttons I'd be verry happy.
    As I mentioned before I want to design the hilt on my own but I need to buy everything else and I need some guidelines.

First & foremost, as with any project (espcially high school projects), you need to do your research.

It sounds like you've got a good direction already, I would recommend spending some time reading thru the build threads on the forums here & then more time pouring over the items in the shop until you've fleshed out all of your components. Play with the MHS builder & even though it's kinda limited, it'll still a great tool that will help give you a basis to build your hilt off of.

Good luck & most importantly, have fun!

Just a heads up, there is very slim chance you'll be able to make it by the end of the school year if you are not milling out the parts your self. Like Naasad said, do your research. For the most part, we don't like spoon feeding people but will happily help if your stuck!

I'd start by looking around the TCSS store and look at the dimensions of internal components and go from there.
    "Peace is a lie. Perhaps the greatest of them all. Peace, or a lack of change equals Death. If the waters of a pool cease to move, and become stagnant, the waters poison themselves, and kill all who drink from it. Chaos, on the other hand, brings great change. Should the pool be over taken by a river, life springs anew.
    -Lord Malyce, Exile of Sith, First Warrior of Sands