Thread: Spontaneous Desoldering

Default Spontaneous Desoldering

I have recently soldered up a CF7.5 with CeX and the full works (Tri Cree,RICE, Recharge, etc) to try and diagnose why there appears to be no sound coming from the speaker at all. Based on the fact that I appear to get FOC and LED's, I have inferred that the Amp on it has blown (If I am wrong in this, please let me know). However, what I have found is that when I run the LED's, the Negative Pad on the 2nd CeX Channel (Red in this case), desolders. I have checked all my joins on the CeX Pads, and they look clean, but I am not sure why this may be? Is it due to a short somewhere? I have checked the power leads coming from the CF, and when nothing is turned on, they have 7.6v across them, and the 3.3v pad on the CeX has 3.3v to it. Is this due to the blown amp, or some other reason? (Sorry for the blurry quality of the photo, I will post sharper images on here in a couple of hours)

IMG_20160513_170948_zpsn8kzsznh.jpg

None of the components on the board should be getting so hot that they de-solder. There must be a short somewhere, or the board is damaged.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.