Thread: crystal focus v8 foc question

Default crystal focus v8 foc question

Hopefully this hasn't already been covered but here goes, I wired up my CF8 (no Cex board) and using the on board Pex for Foc, well the main led driver is driving the Foc and the onboard Pex is driving the main LED, is this supposed to happen? Is there something I'm missing in the manual? I have checked my wiring multiple time's and everything looks great, I have also tried taking the Foc out completely and the main Led output is still only driving the Foc, thanks in advance for any help on this matter.

It sounds like you didn't plan your wiring out too well. The "good news" is it is all fixable by altering the configuration files, however, you WILL need to know which color you had attached to which channel (consult manual for the details on how to make the changes).
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I am having he same issue. I am unsure how to fix it via the config file. Is there a simple explanation?

No, there isn't. It depends on which color you have wired to which "channel". Once you know which is which, The manual (pg. 26) goes through each of the settings. Also make sure you got through the override.txt file in the root directory and make sure there is nothing set there that may override what you have set up elsewhere.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Awesome I got it all figured out thank you!!!