Thread: CRYSTAL FOCUS V8 CHART - 7.4V/ CEx/ PEx/ CRYSTAL CHAMBER/ RGBW CREE/ PLI/ RICE PORT

Default CRYSTAL FOCUS V8 CHART - 7.4V/ CEx/ PEx/ CRYSTAL CHAMBER/ RGBW CREE/ PLI/ RICE PORT

CFV8Final.5.jpg
    Hello, Just finish making this chart for the Crystal Focus V8, After many hours of reading, I came up with this chart to help everyone form the novice to the experienced with their build. I would like your opinion on the use of the resistors, are they the correct ohm and is it correctly setup. Thanks for your help.

UPDATE: The correct RGB led for the crystal chamber is the 5mm common cathode (diffused)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by GUAYA KAN MALDO; 05-12-2016 at 05:15 AM. Reason: Link removed

04 power indicator.jpg

The diagram looks great! I don't think the 16mm AV accent LED is wired correctly, though. While the negative wire might be fine wired to the switch ground pad, the positive wire shouldn't be wired to the activation switch pad.
    Last edited by Generic Jedi; 05-10-2016 at 01:46 PM. Reason: added accent LED wiring picture

It should also be noted that this way of wiring the CF doesn't take advantage of many of its features. The crystal chamber LED could be wired to accent pads 5-8 in order to use the special accent modes and crystal chamber colour profiles. As well, the CF has a built-in PLI feature for the accent LEDs that could be used instead of an external PLI chip.

What values did you use for your resistor calculations? The manual says that "The user must ensure / validate what maximum voltage occurs on each L+ pad" when they wire a crystal chamber LED like you did.

NanoRex, I appreciate your opinion, but There are several ways to wire and implement a light-up crystal chamber and PLI with CF. This is one version (CEx & PEx), the reference used to make this diagram was the actual CFV8 Manual. The PLI used depends on the design you have in mind for your saber. About the Crystal Chamber RGB, if you notice diagram I'm using a Color Xtender that's why its wire the way it is . The only doubt I have is with the wiring of the AV momentary switch not clear in the manual and I also wanted to confirm that the resistors used for the 5mm RGB are correct. Thank you all for the feedback
    Last edited by GUAYA KAN MALDO; 05-11-2016 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GUAYA KAN MALDO View Post
    About the Crystal Chamber RGB, if you notice diagram I'm using a Color Xtender that's why its wire the way it is.
    I'd recommend using accent LED pads 5-8 for the crystal chamber LED if you're not using them for anything else. You'll be able to control the colour of the crystal and be able to use cool effects such as Crystal Pulse and Blade Mirror. If you wire it the way you currently do, you'll have less control over the crystal LED, and it will just do exactly what the blade does.

The only doubt I have is with the wiring of the AV momentary switch not clear in the manual
    There's a really helpful video on the TCSS YouTube channel that describes how to wire one. Although you can wire the positive lead from the AV switch LED to a plethora of places on the CF to achieve different effects, for example the power-on indicator or an accent pad

I also wanted to confirm that the resistors used for the 5mm RGB are correct.
    What numbers did you use for your calculations for those resistors? We'd need to know that in order to confirm that they're appropriate.

I review the resistor and they were incorrect, made the necessary changes.

UPDATE
    updated the Chart with the correct resistors and AV switch.

R1= 56 to 62 ohm 1/8W

R2= 9.1 to 10 ohm 1/8W

R3= 9.1 to 10 ohm 1/8W
    Last edited by GUAYA KAN MALDO; 05-11-2016 at 09:25 PM.

The positive wire for the switch LED is wired right, but now the activation switch wire is not connected to the activation switch pad...you're trying to join what should be two separate wires into a single wire.
    Last edited by Generic Jedi; 05-12-2016 at 12:53 AM.

Thanks, Generic Jedi. I update the chart with the correction.

CFV8Final.5.jpg