Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Light Bright Bomb Scare... I find this hilarious!

I have nothing against the way they handled the "Bombs", it's what they did once they realized what they were that irritates me.

They even had a web site that had a picture of where every one of them was and people were going out and "Collecting" them.

I agree w/ xwing on the reason they were acting that way in court. This whole thing has been blown way out of proportion. If the media had not some how found out about it this would already be over.
    Read the Thread Index. because Lord Maul fixed it...

Problem is, this is exactly the kind of environment real terrorists are trying to incite. One where the populous lives in fear and everything is suspect and something as silly as a 12"x12" board covered with LEDs forming a little cartoon dude flipping you off incites a panic.

Congratulations, Boston. Score one for the real terrorists.

It really is absurd.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordArgyll
    Congratulations, Boston. Score one for the real terrorists.
    EXACTLY! I hate the media for this too. That's why I'm glad those two guys made their own circus out of the interviews.

The media is fear mongering and they darn well know it.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Ryma Mara

I think people are just to bloody paranoid. Thats funny

Hey Xwing I HAVE watched the show, so get off your high horse okay. I just might happen to know a little more than you do about things involving terrorism and our law enforcement system, but that would be impossible for someone to know more than you do about something. I guess I don't get how everyone just thinks because they weren't actually bombs these guys should get away with causing such a disruption like this. How about I go into a bank and say I am going to hold the place up. Now mind you I don't actually have a gun and I don't actually get any cash. Should I just get to walk away free as a bird? How about this I call in a bomb threat to a school when there is no bomb actually there. Do I get to just do that and get away with it? I think people are playing it off since they weren't actually bombs, but next time they may not be. We can't just dismiss things so quickly anymore.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by JediMcD
    Hey Xwing I HAVE watched the show, so get off your high horse okay. I just might happen to know a little more than you do about things involving terrorism and our law enforcement system, but that would be impossible for someone to know more than you do about something. I guess I don't get how everyone just thinks because they weren't actually bombs these guys should get away with causing such a disruption like this. How about I go into a bank and say I am going to hold the place up. Now mind you I don't actually have a gun and I don't actually get any cash. Should I just get to walk away free as a bird? How about this I call in a bomb threat to a school when there is no bomb actually there. Do I get to just do that and get away with it? I think people are playing it off since they weren't actually bombs, but next time they may not be. We can't just dismiss things so quickly anymore.
    I'm not a high-horse... I darn well know what goes on in law-enforcement too. It was a waste of our resources to investigate them... then the media went into a frenzy.

They did none of the above. I don't think they're guilty of doing anything other than being in a town where the people over react. Nine other cities didn't have a problem with them, what's wrong with Boston?
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Until they find that their intent was to create a bomb scare, then there is no criminal intent, as far as I'm concerned.

I think the authorities did a fine job handling the "Bomb Threat", I have nothing against them for what they did or how they reacted with the information they had at that time. In fact, I applaud them!

The fact that they were only advertisements makes the entire thing extremely funny! And if you can't laugh at it then I'm sorry, you’ve got to get the stick out of your arse! Yes we live in a time of terror plots and scary crap like that where we need to be cautious and alert, but if you don't find any humor in this story then you are way too wound up! I'm not trying to pick a fight, just making a point.

That being said, and I'll say this again, if they did this for this purpose then nail them to the wall!!! All bets are off! But until I hear otherwise I'm going to laugh right along with them!
    Read the Thread Index. because Lord Maul fixed it...

I guess I don't get how everyone just thinks because they weren't actually bombs these guys should get away with causing such a disruption like this. How about I go into a bank and say I am going to hold the place up. Now mind you I don't actually have a gun and I don't actually get any cash. Should I just get to walk away free as a bird? How about this I call in a bomb threat to a school when there is no bomb actually there.
    To be frank, it was the news media that caused the disruption and sowed panic throughout the city. As was pointed out, the same guerilla marketing scheme was pulled in several other major cities, where it was dealt with in a quiet and more or less dignified fashion. Only in Boston was there a major disturbance.

In all your examples, the intent to create a violent disturbance is explicit. This was simply a marketing ploy. No threats were made or intent to harm expressed. If there as no criminal intent then it was not a criminal act. Negligent, maybe. Stupid, absolutely. But there was stupidity all around. One person calls in a bomb scare because of a sinister-looking Lite-Brite device, and it sets off a chain reaction.

Do I get to just do that and get away with it? I think people are playing it off since they weren't actually bombs, but next time they may not be. We can't just dismiss things so quickly anymore.
    And this is exactly the sort of response I was referring to. There's a fine line between vigilance and rampant paranoia, and in this instance I think that line was crossed.

If the people live their lives in constant fear, then the terrorists have already won.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

toooooo funny man!

personally, i agree with firebird. since they didn't have any criminal intent then it is just pure humor how boston reacted. especially since i SAW one of them at the army surplus store by where i live. it didn't look a freakin bit like a bomb
    boston just clearly overreacted
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!