Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Light Bright Bomb Scare... I find this hilarious!

Default Light Bright Bomb Scare... I find this hilarious!

Officials found 38 blinking electronic signs promoting the Cartoon Network TV show "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" on bridges and other high-profile spots across the city Wednesday, prompting the closing of a highway and the deployment of bomb squads. The surreal series is about a talking milkshake, a box of fries and a meatball. The network is a division of Turner Broadcasting Systems Inc.

Linky

Let me know if that link doesn't work doesn't work.

I'm sure it will be on the front page of boston.com all day.

Edit: Here's a link that should work fine... 2 Men Held on Bond in Boston Hoax Case
    Read the Thread Index. because Lord Maul fixed it...

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

W... T... H...

Idiots... a bomb???
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Well at first I was getting mad at the authorities for persecuting them because it looked like it was purely because they were embarrassed about the whole thing, but after seeing the locations of some of these things, ie. under bridges and not so obvious places to put advertising, I think they may have known what they were doing...

But I still find the whole thing very funny! And unless they find that this was their intent then the authorities should just get over it...
    Read the Thread Index. because Lord Maul fixed it...

the people that planted these were from cartoon network. i saw this all over the news last nite.the people thinking its a bomb should be ashamed of themeselves. lol next thing ya know people will be running around screaming because of the stoplights
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.

Well, you know... batteries and wires wrapped with electrical tape are very sinister-looking...

Never mind the little LED dude flipping you the bird.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

that is pretty funny man. they thought a box of fries was a bomb
    the police department should be very
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Though I have to admit that if for some reason I did ever need to build a bomb, it's be funny as heck to build it out of a Light-Brite.

Those guys were stupid for putting those things where they did and are getting what they deserve. It was no accident that they placed them where they would cause a disturbance. I am not trying to judge the guys just by their apperance, but flip through some of those pictures of them laughing during the court hearing. They have no respect for authority or anybody but themselves for that manner. As a result, I have no respect for them. As a son and brother to two federal law enforcement agents I can tell you that we live in very dangerous times, and our law enforcement agents are doing the best they can to protect us. People do not know how dangerous it is out there and talk like they are the authority on things. We can never be too cautious. If I was the team sent to look at those things I would treat them like they were a bomb too. I wouldn't want to tell my wife that I got my arm blown off by some stupid sign. I wasn't wanting to rant, but this story just got my blood boiling for some reason.

*Ignignokt flips the bird*
    "I hope they can see this, I'm doing it as hard as I can"

Red 6 Standing By

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yeah dude, it's a sign.

They've been up in various metropolitan areas for 2-3 weeks. Boston totally freaked out about nothing. I don't think they have no respect for authority either... they're laughing at the absurdness of the situation. Heck I laughed but butt off after their interview.

"That is also not a hair question." I'm guessing you've never watched Aqua Teen Hunger Force either...
    RED LEADER Standing by!