Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Mortician

I've used aluminum tape as filler before to help get parts fitting snugly. It doesn't compress over time, so a snug fit today is a snug fit a year from now.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Oh! Well now that I look like a schmuck, let me apologize for taking your unbridled enthusiasm as sarcasm. I guess it's hard to tell when it's just written.

But yeah! If something is just a slight bit too large, some thin tape on the inside can help shrink down the ID of the outer part for a nice snug fit. You could also do tape on the inner part to enlarge the OD; whichever fits your fancy.

Edit: like what Silver Serpent said.

PVC is fairly easily heatformed with either an old electric heater or heatgun. Though it off gasses fairly toxic fumes so respirator and outdoors... If the design is split like this you might be able to stretch a 1.25 enough to fit. If you cut a slightly larger section out you might be able to shrink it enough to fit by heating it "evenly" and then tightly wrapping the hilt and instantly quenching in room temp water.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    I've used aluminum tape as filler before to help get parts fitting snugly. It doesn't compress over time, so a snug fit today is a snug fit a year from now.
    I am doing this as well to snug up a joint on my newest due to having to slightly overbore the crystal chamber so it could slide in easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreyhn View Post
    Oh! Well now that I look like a schmuck, let me apologize for taking your unbridled enthusiasm as sarcasm. I guess it's hard to tell when it's just written.
    lol, no worries. I can see how you might have gotten that impression. I get really excited by creative ideas that seem counter-intuitive to me.