Thread: NB V3 with FoC JST Harness diagram check

Default NB V3 with FoC JST Harness diagram check

My best guess as to how the NB V3 with JST connector harness is hooked up...am I on the right track? Specifically the "orange" wire for FoC is what I'm not sure of.....

That doesn't look right to me. You don't need a best guess. You can find wiring diagrams in the users manual but based on your diagram, I'm just gonna say FOC is only useable with a tri LED.

Ahhh...I see...you need a specific LED for that...or else it goes unused...

Quote Originally Posted by Ely Vader View Post
    Ahhh...I see...you need a specific LED for that...or else it goes unused...
    JST can take up a lot of room inside the hilt. If your set on using them, I would suggest only the LED

I really just wanted the board pre-wired...if I have to I'll cut the JST off and solder the wires

Yes, FoC only works with the Tri LEDs & only if the LED has a white LED (i.e. red/red/white, green/green/white, etc)

These 2 videos (found in this forums "informational & tutorial videos" section) walk you thru making a basic saber with sound, it also shows how to make the electronics modular (meaning able to swap them between hilts), this might be a better potion than using all those JST connections as this is just one connection.

Part 1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOpU...ature=youtu.be
    Part 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sApB...ature=youtu.be

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by NaasadTal View Post
    Yes, FoC only works with the Tri LEDs & only if the LED has a white LED
    You can flash any color you want, white is just the most common. FoC does take a Tri LED. 2 of the LEDs would be wired as the main color, and the third for the flash.