Thread: Prizm v4 with Illuminated Switch

Default Prizm v4 with Illuminated Switch

Hey everyone,
    I am trying to wrap my head around this setup. This is the first time I have wired a Prizm board. I want to setup an illuminated switch where the LED turns on once the saber blade comes on. I know that you can use the accent LED pads to make it blink once it has power but I would prefer for it to remain off until the blade is on. I've read through the Prizm manual and watched Rob's videos, but I can't seem to grasp an answer. Is there anyone willing to give me a hint on where I need to wire the switch LED to make it remain on during blade use? I've attached a quick drawing I did in paint as to what my wiring is so far. Thanks!

Prizm1.jpg

You can use one of the accent pads to turn it on. You would just have to program that particular accent pad to be on all the time when the saber is on - instructions are in the manual.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Ah, I see now. Thank you for your help!