Thread: curved saber with katana wrap

Default curved saber with katana wrap

ok so here is my idea. i want to make a curved saber. i plan on bending 2-3 inch mhs extensions to get the curve and have a method. i want to use mhs1 and mhs2 parts for this part. there is an adapter to convert to and from mhs 1 and 2 that will do just fine. slim down to the smaller mhs and use a 3 inch extension then thicken back up to the original diameter. this next part is special. i plan on wrapping the thinner part in non conductive material then wraping it in conductive fabric that is welded into a capacitive touch toggle switch then doing the japanese katana wrap. this will allow me to have switches that are invisible and can be used as a show of "Force" power. what do y'all think?

Good luck, sounds interesting.

How are you going to program the capacitive switch not to read holding the saber as a long press or multiple presses. If you leave it programmed as a simple NO switch, what if you want to perform a spin and loose contact for a brief moment, or want to power down without letting go of the hilt? I don't need answers just giving you a couple of interface questions you will need to solve for the intended switching method.
    Last edited by FenixFire; 05-06-2016 at 08:33 AM.

first the non-conductive material will separate saber from switch, second the wrap should separate hand from switch. i hope

if i use non conductive material and put in a menukii (ornament) as the conductive material then it would localize the switch while doing the same thing as a conductive sheet

Another idea would be to hide a dome switch under the wrapping...

i dont want switches on my saber that can be triggered by pressing them. the katana wrap should mean that you have to reach into the space between the wrap and will have to know where to touch to activate it. this way a kid dont come up, turn it on, and kill my battery.

katana saber.jpg
    here are a few designs. they are currently for straight style, not the curved i want, but its a start. the black sections are mhs v1, gold is the v1 to v2 adaper, and the red is mhs v2. the v2 is where the capacitive switch will go and the wrap will go over it.

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Ch...le-5-P792.aspx
    would this part work to mount mhs v2 chassis parts to? im planning on using the adapter to size up to v1