Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: board funtions

Default board funtions

what goes into a standard board such as petit crouton or igniter? im looking to use adafruit boards, leds and such to make a board equivalent

What goes into it? Like, how to build one? My first thought is that if you have to ask that question, it is beyond your capabilities.

Beyond that, you would need a method to drive your LEDs, motion sensors for the various actions, sound generation, methods to tie all of those together, hours/days/weeks of r&d, an aptitude for electronics and programming, and an insane amount of time.

Search the boards... You'll find similar and more detailed answers.

If you want to make your own board as a learning experience or just for the fun of it, then by all means go for it. I've seen a few people go this path, and they've enjoyed themselves.

If you're trying to build a less expensive board, or are just tired of waiting for something to come back in stock...well, building your own will save you neither time nor money.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

adafruit sells boards that have different functions, such as accelerometer sensors, led drivers, wearable computers, ect. im thinking about connecting what i need, stack them in the chassis, and use it in place of the standard boards. i might be able to save space. basically it would be like stacking the acrylic discs. i wonder if the 4-40 threaded rods can be used as a connection for the different boards.

Blog Entries

I'm all for trying new things. That said, I think once you do a little more research you'll begin to realize that what you're proposing is not as easy as you believe nor will it save you any space. Those boards are not just plug and play in the sense that they will automatically work together to produce the effects of the production saber sound boards you mentioned above. And the use of multiple types of boards to do what one board can do as a space saving endeavor is a bit logically flawed.

You honestly are looking at quite some time and a lot of learning and work to develop something that will do what you want. If that's ok with you, go for it.

PS. You'll probably be referred to the arduino and adafruit support communities for further learning.
    Last edited by darth_chasm; 05-06-2016 at 01:06 AM.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

should save space lengthwise since they will lie widthwise. might be able to fit a bigger battery. though honestly i wont know for sure until i get the hilt and electrinics. far as i know noone has used adafruit like this, at least i havent found it. sounds like i need 4 boards, led board, sound board, accelerometer board, and a computer board

Blog Entries

For reference.

7" hilt section.

Blue Boards Left to Right. And this doesn't include any other boards that are needed:
    ATTiny (one of the smallest MCUs), Arduino Pro Mini clone (another small MCU), Adafruit 2MB Sound Board With Amp.

And the sound board does not perform in the way the Plecter boards do. It is limited in what it can do.

Green Boards Top to Bottom:
    Crystal Focus, Prizm, Nano Biscotte.

Last edited by darth_chasm; 05-06-2016 at 03:54 AM.

whats the diameter of the hilt? 1.5?

Blog Entries

Standard MHS, 1.45"OD - 1.25"ID

thank you. i never really had a good frame of reference