Thread: The Extinguisher, first time using MHS

Default The Extinguisher, first time using MHS

Finally came into some extra spending cash so i decided to finally get MHS pieces for a build i have wanted to do for some time. I also wanted to finish it before May the 4th, but that didn't happen and I ended up finishing it today on the 4th lol. Anyways i give you my personal saber, The Extinguisher, a firefighter themed saber. db63a0f4-e6e5-43f0-975d-4f654ffc2863.jpg8dcf7e31-e88f-4827-98b3-32934cf1ee5f.jpg9056db16-cbc9-4fa4-8a4b-9e7f70785001.jpg The reason i chose this theme is simply due to both my Father and I being volunteer firefighters and it is a big part of our lives. This is actually the 3rd hilt i have made with this theme, the last two were pvc and i hated how they turned out so i scrapped them. The electronics i gutted out of one. Simply a buckpuck keeping a royal blue lux in line with a snazzy AV switch. The handle grip material is cut up fire hose that was no longer good enough to pass inspection. The switch "Box" thing is a fitting off of an old inch and a half fire hose that exploded on me when i was testing it last year and it just happened to fit perfectly over the MHS body 2db1edd0-9419-4b51-a432-1926bef0f1a6.jpg. It posed its own issues when trying to drill holes for the switch since it was 3 layers. The upper layer was aluminum, innermost layer was brass, with a layer of fire hose sandwiched in between (okay technically 4 layers the hose is double walled). All in all i like the way it turned out, now i just gotta get a jedi costume to go with it lol. Maybe even someday get some pics of me wielding it in full fire gear. Eventually i would like to get my departments logo engraved either to the blade holder or the switch "box". Anyways May the 4th be with you all and may the force be with all that serve as emergency responders.

The switch box certainly makes this unique! Is there any way to use the cloth hose segment around the handle instead of the yellow strip?

Not sure i follow you with the grip, course it is late and my mind is fried. i kinda wanted the strips of hose to fit in with the grooves of the mhs body. Didn't want to cover up Tim's awesome machining with a solid piece of hose. I need to space them out a little more evenly and secure them better, they like to move around in their grooves and one hopped out, just too tired to put it back atm lol

Ahah, I see what you've done now. That makes sense. Another option (not sure it would work) might be to use a continuous piece of cloth hose for the grip, but cut large windows in it as you would a shroud to show the metalwork below. But your yellow rings can also work once they stay in place.

I like that idea, might be a pain, but then again it can't me as much as a pain as the switch box was. I'll try it out in a couple days, thanks for the idea

Very cool saber design =] Can't wait to see this idea floating around :P I need to finally do me a saber x.x
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-