Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Zenaida, An Elegant Shroud Saber Design

Quote Originally Posted by ARKM View Post
    Excellent etch work. If you don't mind me asking, what did you use for a resist?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthFender View Post
    I'll just call it art. That's absolutely gorgeous.

+1 on wanting to know what you used for a resist, Sawyer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Nice etching work. Must have taken a long time to lay that pattern out.
    Thank you everyone for the very encouraging comments! It's really nice to hear that you appreciated our hard work! We've been painstakingly working on this shroud for awhile now and have put our minds, hearts, and souls into etching and preparing this!

That being said, we are hoping to one day sell a Saber or two as a product (elsewhere)- and I apologize, but we would really like to keep the technique we are using with the resist and shroud etching process close to our chests. Again though, thank you very much for all your kind words! We've got a few other etched Shrouds and Sabers in the works currently and I'll be sure to post them to get your thoughts on them when they are ready. Constructive criticism is always welcome!

we would really like to keep the technique we are using with the resist and shroud etching process close to our chests
    Aw no fair. I wanted to know how you got the blue cast to the shroud. Nice job (is an understatement)

Wow!! That is one awesome shroud.

That truly is a work of art. Definitely fits the bill of "an elegant weapon for a more civilized age". I would love to see more pictures of this saber.

Awesome etching!!!

That's just stunning work. It's right up there with Genesis sabers. Excellent job.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevinzol View Post
    Aw no fair. I wanted to know how you got the blue cast to the shroud. Nice job (is an understatement)
    Quote Originally Posted by sks1138 View Post
    Wow!! That is one awesome shroud.
    Quote Originally Posted by grAfLEX25 View Post
    That truly is a work of art. Definitely fits the bill of "an elegant weapon for a more civilized age". I would love to see more pictures of this saber.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixotic Jedi View Post
    Awesome etching!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieMacabre View Post
    That's just stunning work. It's right up there with Genesis sabers. Excellent job.
    An absolutely MASSIVE thank you to each one of you! All of the comments are not only encouraging, but inspiring also! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
    Thank you everyone for the very encouraging comments! It's really nice to hear that you appreciated our hard work! We've been painstakingly working on this shroud for awhile now and have put our minds, hearts, and souls into etching and preparing this!

That being said, we are hoping to one day sell a Saber or two as a product (elsewhere)- and I apologize, but we would really like to keep the technique we are using with the resist and shroud etching process close to our chests. Again though, thank you very much for all your kind words! We've got a few other etched Shrouds and Sabers in the works currently and I'll be sure to post them to get your thoughts on them when they are ready. Constructive criticism is always welcome!
    Looks like you got it nailed down but if it helps, I hear that die cut vinyl stickers work well for a resist. That's what rogue9607 used for his Satele Shan lightsaber staff. Me, I'm still playing around with the toner transfer method.
    Last edited by ARKM; 05-07-2016 at 10:30 AM.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

elegant indeed. Well done. and to who asked about resists I still prefer the PNP blue method it lets you get the most intricate details and is cheap. I use to use vinyl cut stickers when I first started but found as my etchings started to get finer and more detailed my vinyl place that I also use for my day job started telling me that they couldn't cut it out due to the size and intricateness of some of the patterns. With PNP blue if you can print it you can etch it.

Quote Originally Posted by snilam View Post
    elegant indeed. Well done. and to who asked about resists I still prefer the PNP blue method it lets you get the most intricate details and is cheap. I use to use vinyl cut stickers when I first started but found as my etchings started to get finer and more detailed my vinyl place that I also use for my day job started telling me that they couldn't cut it out due to the size and intricateness of some of the patterns. With PNP blue if you can print it you can etch it.
    I've never had good results using PnP Blue when transfering the image to metal. I know others have but I can't get it to work for me... and that's still the toner transfer method. I just use pages torn from magazines instead of PnP Blue.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."