Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: two questions about the MR anakin

Default two questions about the MR anakin

ok im converting my first MR anakin. the first question is that allen screw above the large copper button is what size? I obviously don't have the right size and am going to go out and just get a set just wanted to make sure the right size was in there.

Second, I won the auction that Tim had for the empty anakin hilts. well in that batch of 4 there are two that are heavy and two that are lighter. What is the difference besides weight? There are no insides so I know it doesn't really matter that much but just wondering. Thanks
    If you think something is immature then it makes perfect sense to copy it yourself and put it in your sig to show how mature you can be!

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

well on the allen wrenches, either a 5/64 will be a little loose or you can use a 2 mm and still be loose but will work.

i don't seem to have the right one either

BLUE 3- Ready

Council Member
    Sith Lord

some of the MR anakins had less metal and more plastic on them resulting in a lighter saber. the later models were more metal and less plastic resulting in a heavier saber
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Default Fit of Anakin conversion in the different hilt versions?

Hi first post!
    Anyway, I have been reading around here quite a bit, but I haven't seen anyone ask this before, so here goes:

Is there a difference in the inside diameter of the Anakin hilt versions for the ROTS? I ordered a kit from Ultra first, but It's not compatible with my version of the ROTS Anakin. I seem to have gotten the older one with more plastic, but in the newer box.

My main concern is if Tim's conversion kit still fits the same in either version?

Also, I have the quick disconnect blade in it. That means I have to desolder the clash sensor from the connector board and connect it to the grey wire on the molex conector and the positive to the LED correct? I know I saw this somewhere in a thread.

I intend on purchasing the kit, but I just anted to make sure that I know what I'm getting into before I do.

If this has all been covered before, I apologise in advance Thanks guys!

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

I have never heard that there is an issue with them. Why wont ultras kit work?
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Council Member
    Sith Lord

it says it won't on his site. i have no clue why.
    for the DIN plug you just leave it be and shove all of that into the hilt. i don't think it is possible to get the motion sensor off the plug, i tried and ended up destroying the sensor

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

I always take the sensor off and resolder it..not easy but doable.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Council Member
    Sith Lord

my whole chip was completely destroyed. i got it off in chunks by prying. certainly won't be doin that again

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur
    I always take the sensor off and resolder it..not easy but doable.
    Indeed, there is a nice glob of adhesive over the solder joints on that little board.

Anyway, I've decided to go ahead with putting Ultra's kit into another anakin that I just picked up (yeah it's the thicker one) from a friend.

I WILL be purchasing your kit for the lightweight

BTW Tim, somehow paypal sent a double payment to you on my last order. I dropped an email about it...sorry

so does tim's work for both anakin versions?
    "I see you have constructed a new lightsaber, your skills are complete."