Thread: graflex blade adapter

Default graflex blade adapter

I was looking at buying one of these: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/LE...ter--P221.aspx but the description says it doesn't fit the Graflex v2.0 kit, can anybody tell me *why* it doesn't fit? Isn't the graflex 2.0 pretty much an exact graflex 3-cell flash gun handle replica?

The Graflex 2.0 isn't an exact replica of the graflex 3-cell flash.
    It was designed to be made into a lightsaber hilt with electronics so there were some concessions made in the designs in order for that to happen. Thus, it is not an exact replica, which is why it won't really work.
    Last edited by ColdVizjerei; 04-28-2016 at 06:02 PM. Reason: grammar
    Why did Isendra die? Tell me the truth!

That it is beyond your abilities does not mean it is beyond mine. I learned the lesson of Isendra's death. But I was given my power for a reason, and it is my burden to use it.
    I will use it, not fear it as you do, High Councilor Valthek

I am pretty sure it fits the 2.0 kit. But if you put it in, you'll have no way to attach the bottom section of the saber as the construction is completely different from a vintage or replica graflex.

Ah, that makes sense!
    I see now that the parks 2.0 lacks the notches and tabs needed for the clamp to hold the two parts together.
    Guess I'll be waiting for the roman props version, or is there another source of graflex replicas out there?

JQ Sabers in the UK is working on a stainless steel replica as well. Whereas Romans will be an exact replica of the camera flash unit (including the black bit in the emitter), the JQ sabers version is not a 100% exact replica but will include a blade holder and switches, and have pre-drilled holes for the ESB or TFA versions.