Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sink tube Staff

Default Sink tube Staff

OK folks, I know some of you have to have done these at one point... How would one go about making a sink tube staff that breaks apart in the middle without having a bulky connector? every connector I've seen for joining two sinktubes basically consists of a thick ring that would make it very uncomfortable(and unsightly) to handle.
    God knows, I'd rather just find a MHS solution, but the wife is already over boxes from Tim showing up (You spent $60 on that little box?)
    So for now I'm going the cheap route(still from Tim, just cheaper) so if anyone could help me out I'd appreciate it.

P.S. My stripped down Vader/katana saber is now done! And as soon as my camera is fixed I'll have pics up... On that note if anyone wants the cosmetic Vader stuff(everything except the shroud) PM me with your address and I'll just send it to you. I have no need for it.
    "vibrations within vibrations, traveling at the speed of color"

"I've got a bad feeling about this..."

Ryma Mara

I know of 20some" Sinktubes at minards but your best bet is to use tims m/m connector.

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/pc...connector.aspx

For a pair of 1.5" sink tubes you could also just take the double-ended female connector and the 2.5" extension tube in the MHS components, then bolt the female into the end of one sink tube and the male into the end of the other.

or 2 sink tube adapters and the male/male connector.
    All things a beginning have.
    As all things do an ending.
    Be not too hasty from one to the other to move, or much will you miss, along the way.

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

well what I was thinkin but one end would be open. maybe I can explain it right. like on my grandma's walker, to fold it you have to push this little button thing so one tube can slide in the other, what if you used it to put and take apart the 2 halves.

BLUE 3- Ready

Ryma Mara

A hole on one side, and a spring loaded pin in the other and they slide into each other. Iam sure you folks have seen them before

Council Member
    Sith Lord

like on the razor scooters
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

could be, never really looked at one

BLUE 3- Ready

Thanks all, those are good ideas. What about for a 1-1/4" sink tube though?
    "vibrations within vibrations, traveling at the speed of color"

"I've got a bad feeling about this..."

it would be the same concept. poles that are telescoping and have holes drilled in them for diff lengths. well all you need is one hole.

BLUE 3- Ready