Thread: Noyl's 2nd crystal chamber for TOR hilt WIP

Default Noyl's 2nd crystal chamber for TOR hilt WIP

Howdy,
    I decided again to work out a crystal chamber for an Old Republic hilt I have in mind. Using some of the ideas from my previous CC, I ended up at the hardware store again. This time I turned to a smaller chamber for the purpose of mounting it to a 3D printed chassis.
    So here we go....

Ultimately it will end up on this,

I have a couple of smaller details to add. As I add them I will post more.

Had a few minutes to add my other parts and do some weathering

BTW the first set of pics were taken on my camera. This set were taken on my phone. Pretty sad when the phone does a better job then the actual camera.

I love a good crystal chamber. They're beautiful and mysterious.

Blog Entries

Likey likey
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Some progress on the TOR hilt I'm working on. The last few pieces got here so I went to work on assembly and weathering. Let me know what you think so far.

Thanks for looking.

Looking good...like your crystal chamber also, looks like your crystal has a lot of inclusions...should light up nicely. (just me ...the brass rod in front that is between the 2 bend copper rods...i would remove it and make that the main view point of the crystal chamber....but that's just me)

Very pretty saber! Ill be watching!
    Last edited by TheSilverDark; 05-19-2016 at 07:03 PM.
    "Peace is a lie. Perhaps the greatest of them all. Peace, or a lack of change equals Death. If the waters of a pool cease to move, and become stagnant, the waters poison themselves, and kill all who drink from it. Chaos, on the other hand, brings great change. Should the pool be over taken by a river, life springs anew.
    -Lord Malyce, Exile of Sith, First Warrior of Sands

Put a few more hours in this evening. I subtracted the uppermost chassis disc (disc style 4) added couple aluminum spacers and put chassis disc style 1 so I could lock it between the double male adapter.
    That way the threads don't overlap the chamber when its exposed.

Here's a second pic with some better light.

Added some color to the switch bar. Weathered it to match up.

Now I'm wondering about the blank spot below the trim ring. The idea came up to put some aurebesh script below the trim ring in the middle of the blank area.
    Any thoughts?

IMHO, it's crying out for some etching. Aurebesh is cool if you know what you wanna write.