Thread: CF 7.5 Boot Issue

Default CF 7.5 Boot Issue

I was hoping someone would be able to help me out, I am just having a small issue with an Optimal CF 7.5 Build (w/ CeX, Tri Cree, etc). When I first got everything, I put the speaker wires, battery wires and SD card in their respective places to test that everything was working fine, and I got a boot sound. Now, when I added in a recharge port (literally the only addition), and soldered everything on, I don't get a boot sound when I remove the kill key. Everything else is in place, and there are no other solder points except on the speaker and the battery pads. I checked the battery pads with a Multimeter, and they read 7.6V, and I also checked the switch pads to see if there was a short in the board (I hope not! I used an ESD safe Soldering station, and only ever took the board out of the static bag to check that it worked), and they read having about 2.4 V across them, so it seems like the board is fine. I used two different speakers also, and they both seem to be fine, no break in the diaphragms, and so I am at a bit of a loss as to what could have gone wrong. Please help!

Could you have wired your recharge port backwards? Photos of your wiring would be helpful.

Did you remove the SD card before Soldering the recharge port to the board? Did you remember to put the SD card back in before you pulled the kill key? Sorry, the latter caused me a near panic attack one night after I finished wiring everything up and pulled the key...nothing...what did I do?...two minutes of checking the joints, testing the battery, and then I saw the SD card on the table!
    Last edited by FenixFire; 04-22-2016 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rlobrecht View Post
    Could you have wired your recharge port backwards? Photos of your wiring would be helpful.
    I don't think so, given that I am using a standard Switchcraft, and am following both the written tutorial on here and Madcow's Youtube one. In any case, removing the recharge port from the wiring gives the same result.

Quote Originally Posted by FenixFire View Post
    Did you remove the SD card before Soldering the recharge port to the board? Did you remember to put the SD card back in before you pulled the kill key? Sorry, the latter caused me a near panic attack one night after I finished wiring everything up and pulled the key...nothing...what did I do?...two minutes of checking the joints, testing the battery, and then I saw the SD card on the table!
    Yeah I took the SD card out before soldering, and I did put it back in before pulling the kill key. Fair enough, I am a bit panicked myself right now! Just out of interest, what does leaving the SD card in do? I took all the necessary steps when I soldered, including leaving the kill key in and taking the SD card out, so I'm not sure what isn't working...

I will try to get pics up in a bit, but I will be a bit busy today, so hopefully I can figure them out when I am done

Okay, hopefully these pictures will help:
    IMG_20160424_152244_zpsnefhzzq8.jpgIMG_20160424_152255_zpspuwyto5p.jpgIMG_20160424_152259_zps365qlmrz.jpgIMG_20160424_152335_zpsvjod0rie.jpgIMG_20160424_152339_zpscmdltx7i.jpg
    Sorry, I had some trouble with Photobucket. I have been looking around the forums, both here and FX, and someone else might have had a simillar problem where the Amp shorted? I don't know how this could have happened, because I only ever touched the wires to the pads to test the components, but could it be the issue here?

Hi, did you get to the bottom of this? I have a CF 7.5 that won't boot up. I know there is voltage on the board. Let me know. Thanks

Hey there, I believe that the Amp was fried, but I have not had a chance to send it to Chewbacca yet, so I am not 100 percent certain on that front. If someone can give a definitive answer yay or nay, go ahead