Thread: Trying to diagnose failing ignition

Default Trying to diagnose failing ignition

Hey guys,

I'm trying to diagnose a problem with my PC PRIZM. When I connect my board to a 3.7v battery, it boots up normally but it will not ignite. My setup currently has the PC connected to a latching ignition switch and a momentary auxiliary switch. I can even switch between sound banks but the ignition switch seems to do nothing. This problem started when I soldered the wires for a RICE port. But I'm pretty sure I've wired everything correctly and I ensured that there aren't any solder bridges where there shouldn't be (And I've set the "switch" parameter on the SD card to 1 for closed-latching switch activation). I also recharged my battery for a good 30 minutes just in case. What am I potentially missing?

IMG_2223.jpg

IMG_2226.jpg
    Last edited by Rayataz; 04-21-2016 at 09:37 PM.

Okay.... so I removed the auxiliary switch from the circuit and just plugged in the latching ignition switch and the sabers turn on normally. Is this pointing to a wiring issue with the switches?

might want to post a pic of the wiring schematic for people to see if theres a problem there, also maybe pics of the switches themselves.
    My only question is did you make sure the board was configured for the latching switch in its config files? Thats the only thing i can suggest to check.

Thanks Hermitjensen! I was about to post my schematic when I took a closer look at it and figured it out! I misread the manual and wired the ignition ground directly to the auxiliary switch instead of having both switches merely share the ground wire to the ground pad.
    Last edited by Rayataz; 04-22-2016 at 09:01 AM.