Thread: Molex Connectors?

Default Molex Connectors?

I'm trying to find the Molex connectors Rob of Genesis Custom Sabers mentioned. They seem to be way smaller than standard JST connectors. Does anyone know the part number for these? I'm trying to find them on Mouser.com.

Molex is a brand name. They make many, many connectors. From very small ones, to very large ones.
    When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

I do not know exactly what you are referring to, but I suspect it is a Micro-Fit, Micro-Fit 3.0, or Nano-Fit model. They are the 3 that fit 30-24 ga wires. they have 2.3 and 3.0 mm pitch. I have not seen the 2-pin version for several years, most are 3-pin, 4-pin, or 6-pin with out ordering direct.

JST-SH (1mm pitch) or the Molex PicoBlade (1.5mm pitch) are two others that might work if you could find them.

I think Rob uses Molex KK connectors, they're 2.54mm pitch - http://www.molex.com/dpb/kk254.html
    "And into the heart of the storm, with a cry that pierced all other sounds, tearing the clouds asunder, the Nazg?l came, shooting like flaming bolts, as caught in the fiery ruin of hill and sky they crackled, withered, and went out."

Quote Originally Posted by Cheradenine View Post
    I think Rob uses Molex KK connectors, they're 2.54mm pitch - http://www.molex.com/dpb/kk254.html
    Do they have KK series that are wire-wire? I have only ever seen wire-board or ribbon-board?

Quote Originally Posted by FenixFire View Post
    Do they have KK series that are wire-wire? I have only ever seen wire-board or ribbon-board?
    I don't think so but you can solder your wire onto the legs of the PCB header (the bit that would go through the board usually) and cover with heat shrink. It looks pretty good.
    "And into the heart of the storm, with a cry that pierced all other sounds, tearing the clouds asunder, the Nazg?l came, shooting like flaming bolts, as caught in the fiery ruin of hill and sky they crackled, withered, and went out."

Try Pololu as well #1164 2 pin female jst connector.