Thread: Hasbro2015 Schematic + micro USB recharger question

Question Hasbro2015 Schematic + micro USB recharger question

Hello everybody
    I'm trying to make my own lightsaber with sound using the Hasbro Luke Skywalker bladebuilders 2015 LB.
    I wanted also to add a rechargable battery with a micro-usb so I don't have to change batteries every time.

In my configuration, my goal is to use 2 switch, one for just the led, for just practice and training. the second switch will instead power also the soundcard and everything else.

I did the following schematic, I don't know if it's correct, that's why I am here, and before proceed I would like to have all the possible advices from u experts
    As a final note, i don't know what to do with the IN+ and IN- plugs in the microusb card....should I attach them somewhere?

CircuitHasbro.jpg

Your picture is very small and hard to read. Without a clearer/larger one, I can't comment on its correctness.
    When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Anghelos View Post
    Im not positive but I do not think it will work as the LED (-) from the board is controlling the gate of the MOSFET. My first inclination is that the set up shown will only disable and enable the blade when the soundboard is active. instead of muting the board. What if you used the second latching switch as a "Mute button" on the speaker lines instead?

that's a very good idea actually!
    But I wanted to use the less energy possible, so, I want to bypass completely all the soundboard....I fear that with this idea i might still have the soundboard using part of the charge...

With that setup what I think you will accomplish because of the way the MOSFET uses the LED(-) from the board to open the gate you will only have power to switch 2 and the LED if the board is on. Why not use switch 2 as a "mute button" and put it on the speaker line?

Also watch the USB charger and be sure it has the protection circuit on board. I found several that do not have the protection circuit on board, in fact it looked like only two manufactures listed it, and they made a big deal that they had the feature. It adds a level of protection and does not rely on the batteries PCB to stop the current flow when it reaches maximum charge. Also make sure to only use a protected cell or things could go REALLY BAD!
    Last edited by FenixFire; 04-20-2016 at 12:15 PM.

that's a very good idea actually!
    But I wanted to use the less energy possible, so, I want to bypass completely all the soundboard....I fear that with this idea i might still have the soundboard using part of the charge...
    The soundboard uses very little current to run, you would probably at best gain 1-2 minutes of additional run time by shutting off the board. The main draw is the LED
    Last edited by FenixFire; 04-20-2016 at 12:25 PM.

oh...I see...

The usb charger should have the protection (or at least i hope so ^^') but the battery does anyway.
    If u say that it uses so low current, then i think i will apply this idea....

any thoughts about the IN+ and IN- of the usb charger? what's their purpose?

edit: I guess it does:
    https://dlnmh9ip6v2uc.cloudfront.net...ing/TP4056.pdf

http://lygte-info.dk/review/Review%2...4056%20UK.html
    Last edited by Anghelos; 04-20-2016 at 12:28 PM.

If you want to completely bypass the board you will need to have two alternate wiring paths to the LED. One as shown with the removal of the 2nd switch. The other would be wired directly to the + and - pads on the charger/battery and go directly to the second switch and led. You might need to put 0ohm diode between the Transistor and the LED resistor (on the sound feed) and another between the battery and the LED resistor (on the muted feed) to ensure power only flows in one direction. **This is entirely theoretical and not verified or tested in any way.**

the bypass speaker solution seems the best for the moment