Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Joe AKA Corbin Das

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Default Joe AKA Corbin Das

Some of you may have allready read the following.

Hi all

I'd like to announce that for the last month or so, I've been in negotiations with Strydur at The Custom Saber Shop and we've decided to work together to help bring folks more products and better customer service. To that end, I'm pleased to announce that Corbin's Components will be merging with the Custom Saber Shop starting in February. I'm going to be the conceptual designer for new products as well as the Customer Service/Public Relations guy. You'll be seeing more of me at conventions and on the forums.Everything that you can get from me now should still be available for those that want it. I'm just going to be able to focus more on developing things and keeping the products current as technology progresses. I won't be selling Luxeons, optics or any of the other things that TCSS will be handling once the merger is complete. This will allow me to devote more time to interacting with the customers and designing new things.

Corbin Das
    After going it solo for almost two years now I have decided to get some help. I couldn't think of anyone more suited for the job than Joe. So, After some convincing, I finally talked him into joining the TCSS team. His main tasks will be development and public relations. I look forward to having him onboard and hope it works out better for everyone including our customers.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Hi everyone.
    It's true. Tim and I are joining forces. We hope this will benefit all concerned. I'll be able to devote more time to developing new products and he'll be able to focus more on processing orders. You'll also be seeing more of me at conventions than before. Overall, it promises to be a pretty good arrangement.

I look forward to working with Tim and Xwing here and hope to bring many new product ideas to the customers.

Joe/Corbin

Default Corbin leaving

Hi all
    As 2007 comes to an end, Tim and I have decided to part ways. We are still working out the details of the separation.
    I'm undecided if I'll go back to selling components like before, though it's likely I'll offer finished blades, sabers and stuff like that. Maybe some select components you haven't seen before. Either way I will have more time to pursue some projects I had been wanting to do.

I look forward to getting back into the swing of things. It will be interesting.

Take care

Corbin
    Last edited by Corbin_Das; 12-27-2007 at 01:46 AM.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Sad to see ya go Corbin. You and Tim worked really well together, and brought us some great products.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Good luck in your adventures corbin das, your gonna need'em. :P(couldent resist)
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

It sucks that your leaveing man, but you got to do, what you got to do.

BLUE 3- Ready

Default Good Luck

Good luck! I have only been in this hobby for a few months but you and this board have helped out greatly. Look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Thanks!

Greg

Oh man, I'm sorry to see you go Corbin. However, the future is always in motion, and at times we all must decide to do what we must.

Good luck my friend in all your endeavors!

Hope to see more from you in the future!

**SIGH**
    I am truly torn.
    TCSS and Corbin'S components are both top of the line resources. Both are worthy of patronage and support. The combination this year seemed a good omen of things to come....still perhaps if a mutually inclusive arrangement could be made?

TCSS could focus on the MHS/MPS piseces and parts
    AND
    Corbin could focus on blades, electronics, and other "Saber Bling"

whatever the outcome I am glad/saddened and will look to both, as I did before, to continue to push the envelope of Saber-making components and possibilities.

Thanks to Corbin and Strydur for making our obsessions a bit more respectable....
    All things a beginning have.
    As all things do an ending.
    Be not too hasty from one to the other to move, or much will you miss, along the way.

Sad to see you go Corbin. And it SUCKS that you're no sellieng luxeons anymore and I don't know anywhere else.