Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: darth maul and obi-wan fx saber convertions

Well no matter what im going to convert my maul so im gonn a order my leds and stuff today,then I will get a conversion kit from you Tim when you have them,if cd dosen't make mine by then.I cant wait!
    "aaah... general kenobi.... you are a bold one."-general grievous

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Qymaen_jai_sheelal

Proud owner of the first two Darth Maul conversion kits! Thanks Tim!

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur
    Just because I dont stock them I can get all MR products at wholesale. Drop me a email before you buy one someplace else and I might be able to get you a decent price. Hopefully I will start stocking them all soon.
    really, so how about the Yoda?

and lan, yes those hold the blade in. they are also metric so you will need a metric alen wrench. hey also will she do alot of twirling with it? If so you may want to reverse the switch so it won't shut off as easy. I seen someone did that but I already had mine done and I wasn't takin it apart again. good luck.

BLUE 3- Ready

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

I will get some yodas as soon as they are available to me.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Council Member
    Sith Lord

it was hajime who first did the obi wan with a aluminum blade holder. his pics are like 4 posts from the bottom. http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/fo...?t=702&start=0
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Like Tim said its easy to take apart.I would wait on his kit to make it an easy convert.

well crud, i wished i knew that before hand. i paid 92 total for a mace, shippin and all, how much would you of gotten a mace for, tim?

ive seen a few obi's on ebay goin for just under the 105 mark.

and the mauls, i seen a couple go for 150 to 170 there too.

and those parts arrived today from tim, dang man, that was super fast. 2 days, a speed record.

thanks for the metric allen tip on the collar screws, do you have to use all 3 to tighten down and loosen the blade? or just one of them?

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

you might be able to only use one. I would atleast have the othe 2 right close though.
    edit: oh make sure you tap the holes for those, I tried to just push through and recut the threads and ended up messin it up so the blade is real hard to get in and out.

BLUE 3- Ready

Quote Originally Posted by vortextwist
    you might be able to only use one. I would atleast have the othe 2 right close though.
    edit: oh make sure you tap the holes for those, I tried to just push through and recut the threads and ended up messin it up so the blade is real hard to get in and out.
    Just sand the inside of the holder where the hole has burrs.
    'I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you.'

Ryma Mara

No the blade holder for his mace bent when he went to cut the threads in the blade holder with a set screw like the faq suggests you do.

thanks for the tips, i think i will have to get a tap, im not sure if i have one that size, but i will see.

i might try running 2 of them flush on inside, and use one for blade hold, and see if its gonna stay, im thinking tho, with them that small, i may have to have her use 2 to hold it good.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!