Thread: Disassembling black series Vader?

Default Disassembling black series ANH Vader?

Hi all

I've searched the forum but can't find a tutorial for disassembling a black series Vader saber. Is there a tutorial about or is it the same as the hasbro one?
    Last edited by razorsharp192; 05-16-2016 at 12:54 PM.

There are no tutorials specifically for those, except for the Kylo Ren. The assumption is that they are nearly identical to the Signature Series Force FX's Hasbro produced in the past, which were nearly identical to the Master Replicas Force FX.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I've read that the soundboard is wired up differently and it you just pull it out like an MR saber that it pulls out wires? Also the LED blade is soldered to the board rather than being plugged in isn't it?

Well i've taken the black series ANH vader apart now. Oddly, it's almost the same as the ESB MR Vader saber, in that the on/off switch is within the clamp rather than the activator panel. The hilt itself is also a lot heavier than the previous versions (not sure if it's made of a different metal). The led string is soldered to the soundboard so the soundboard sits higher up in the hilt than the MR versions (as it sits directly below the end of the blade). There is a black housing inside which looks the same as the housing which enclosed the soundboard in the MR sabers, but it's pretty much empty, all it has is a couple of wires which connect to the battery pack terminals. Oh, the shroud doesn't include a faux camera part either like the MR ANH saber, it's just a black part like the ESB MR saber.

I've just noticed the hilt itself is also about an inch shorter than the MR equivalent