Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Luxeon comparison chart / pics

I like manufacturer datasheets that list output at the common various currents or at least have a graph of lumen vs current. That way you can compare different leds at the same current values to get a better understanding of what they are doing.

EE isnt just about designing circuitry, theres also boatloads of reading up and learning how to interpret the data that manufacturers do give you. Some of them are quite sneaky in the way they present it. Bit like governments and thier statistics

Cant wait for my Seoul P4 to arrive. I REALLY want to test that baby. Ive got a toast running one of the U00 white K2's at the moment so about 100 lumens which is pretty bright. The P4 is rated to put out 100 lm at 350ma, and 240lm at 1000ma.
    Phil Higgins

Sounds great Phil! I'll have to look into that--I don't know much about LEDs other than the Luxeons these days, and most everything ELSE I see is just not as bright, too big, too much voltage requirement, or just about equal to Luxeon.

I agree that a lot of data comes into play for being an EE... even though I'm NOT one of them! Everything I learned came from a mixture of starting BOP I (where I knew NOTHING, and spent a lot of time listening to Corbin), wiring a few things up myself by trial & error, and then staying updated on forums/threads.

Hope to see you at C4...
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide