Thread: blade holder compatibility

Default blade holder compatibility

hi, I wonder if anyone knows if the dynamic led kits sold by "led supply" are compatible with the blade holders (non MHS) sold on tcss??? like this one image.jpg

the led unit I bought can be found on this link:
    http://www.ledsupply.com/led-kits/dynamic-led-light-kit

this is my led data sheet:
    http://www.ledsupply.com/content/pdf...H-Assembly.pdf

basically what I want to do is to remove the outer housing of the dynamic led kit and screw it into the TCSS sink blade holder, would this be possible?

thanks in advance

You don't need that part from ledsupply at all if you order the blade holder from the store, it comes with a thread-in heatsink that mounts the led and holds the lens in place. The blade holder also has a "blade stop" machined into the inside diameter that will prevent the blade from hitting the lens and led assembly.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    You don't need that part from ledsupply at all if you order the blade holder from the store, it comes with a thread-in heatsink that mounts the led and holds the lens in place. The blade holder also has a "blade stop" machined into the inside diameter that will prevent the blade from hitting the lens and led assembly.
    thanks for the quick reply, it is excellent to know that, but the thing is with the optics, they are not the same for the single led (with lens holder) than with the triple led set (only the optics), will my triple led fit in the Tcss part?

Yes, it will fit. The heatsink threads in and secures it inside between the heatsink/led and the blade stop that is machined into the blade socket. The triple led lens also has the same diameter as the single led lens, 20mm.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    Yes, it will fit. The heatsink threads in and secures it inside between the heatsink/led and the blade stop that is machined into the blade socket. The triple led lens also has the same diameter as the single led lens, 20mm.
    thanks, I will give it a try as soon as its back to the store, because currently it is unavailable,