Thread: Do I Need to Correct My Diagram? (A Possible Discrepency Between NBv2 and v3 Setup)

Default Do I Need to Correct My Diagram? (A Possible Discrepency Between NBv2 and v3 Setup)

Hello there, been awhile since I've been on the forums, mostly because all of you were so helpful last time that I hadn't needed to ask any other questions, well at least until now . When I get a free moment, I'll sometimes go over my wiring diagrams and resistor calculations and make sure I haven't missed anything. What's going on is that I've found that I have enough room in my current build to have a crystal chamber and I'm looking to add an accent LED to light it. Turning to the manuals, I've found a few possible solutions. What's bothering me is that while many of the same pads exist from the v2 to the v3, the newer manual does not display them being used. Allow me to clarify a bit more.

NBv3wireguide.jpg

Here is my current plan for my build using the v3 (don't worry, I'm aware that the recharge port negative leads are reversed, I need to correct that in my diagram later). As you can see, I'm already using one accent pad for my momentary green ring switch. My first issue is that in the v3 manual, they do not display that pad being used for an accent LED as they did in the v2 manual, can this pad still be used for that purpose? In the v3 manual they recommend that I use a pad by the DS and one toward the top next to the motion sensor.

Second question, if I AM still able to use the pad I have indicated, can I use the other side of that pad for my crystal LED? If not, what other pad would you recommend for an LED I plan to only have activated when the saber is on? Thanks!

P.S. My calculations for the resistor I would need for my accent LED would be 47ohms, 1/8watt but I do not see that type of resistor in the shop, what should I be using in its place?
    Last edited by JTP; 04-08-2016 at 10:46 AM.
    Darjetii, chaabar te genet jetiise, kaysh tion'ad taylir te vorpan kal. Kaysh oya'karir gar jii. Kyr'am cuyir gebbar de.

Quote Originally Posted by JTP View Post
    Hello there, been awhile since I've been on the forums, mostly because all of you were so helpful last time that I hadn't needed to ask any other questions, well at least until now . When I get a free moment, I'll sometimes go over my wiring diagrams and resistor calculations and make sure I haven't missed anything. What's going on is that I've found that I have enough room in my current build to have a crystal chamber and I'm looking to add an accent LED to light it. Turning to the manuals, I've found a few possible solutions. What's bothering me is that while many of the same pads exist from the v2 to the v3, the newer manual does not display them being used. Allow me to clarify a bit more.

NBv3wireguide.jpg

Here is my current plan for my build using the v3 (don't worry, I'm aware that the recharge port negative leads are reversed, I need to correct that in my diagram later). As you can see, I'm already using one accent pad for my momentary green ring switch. My first issue is that in the v3 manual, they do not display that pad being used for an accent LED as they did in the v2 manual, can this pad still be used for that purpose? In the v3 manual they recommend that I use a pad by the DS and one toward the top next to the motion sensor.

Second question, if I AM still able to use the pad I have indicated, can I use the other side of that pad for my crystal LED? If not, what other pad would you recommend for an LED I plan to only have activated when the saber is on? Thanks!

P.S. My calculations for the resistor I would need for my accent LED would be 47ohms, 1/8watt but I do not see that type of resistor in the shop, what should I be using in its place?
    On my sons science fair build we just grabbed the positive from the battery (main LED + as it passed through the chamber) and the negative from the main blade (-). I was going to use the DS, but it was tighter quarters than I wanted to attempt that night. Not sure what color your accent is but my whites are on a 30 ohm 1/8 watt each.

If it comes on only with the blade, just wire in parallel with the main LED. As a bonus, it will mimic the flicker of the blade.

Okay, So I'd be running the accent positive with the positive coming from the green LEDs to the board positive pad? For the negative, do I send that wire to the board negative pad, or the high-power LED negative pad?
    Darjetii, chaabar te genet jetiise, kaysh tion'ad taylir te vorpan kal. Kaysh oya'karir gar jii. Kyr'am cuyir gebbar de.

Thank you very much, I will update my diagram!

Thank you!