Thread: Custom Emitter

Default Custom Emitter

Hi everyone,

I'm really new to these forums. Mostly I've been lurking around and trying to soak up as much information as possible, but I have a question for all of you saber builders out there. Shown below is a very rough draft of a custom saber I would like and I would like to know if it would it be possible for me to make an emitter like this without the use of a lathe?

Scan.jpg

I'd also like the hilt to be machines down to accept the leather wrap so it doesn't protrude from the hilt and add bulk. I know I'm certainly going to get my hands on a Dremel with all the accessories, but I'm a little worried that method may not produce ideal results.

Any input or feedback is greatly appreciated!

You could ask Tim to machine you a custom emitter and/or turn down the body a little if you're planning on using MHS parts. Those tasks would be pretty much impossible without the use of a lathe and milling machine.

Is this supposed to be a TFUII hilt?

Quote Originally Posted by NanoRex View Post
    You could ask Tim to machine you a custom emitter and/or turn down the body a little if you're planning on using MHS parts. Those tasks would be pretty much impossible without the use of a lathe and milling machine.

Is this supposed to be a TFUII hilt?
    That's what I thought. However, I think I may have found the answer to my dilemma!

And yes, I wanted to do a custom tribute saber to the one from TFUII. Thank you for your response!