? on: Today at 12:21:23 PM ?
Reply with quoteQuote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a picture of what I have for wiring, It's all laid out an ready to go and a few things are already wired. I would like to use my 6mm illuminated green AV switch an the Buckpuck says it requires latching (not sure if it really does). My goal is to be able to switch my LED's or combine two whenever I want. I was also going to make some resistor links with female /male jst connectors so I can do sunriders or orange If I choose by just adding them in as a link between my LED's an Buckpuck.

Questions
1. Can I split the output for the main LED on the Buckpuck to run two separate main LEDs or would I do that In reverse an wire the Led's together instead of making the Buckpuck input have two female connectors?

2. On my switch converter I followed a diagram to wire what I did but I'm confused as to what makes the switch work through the buckpuck an I have not wired them together??
all that is left unwired is a VIN, ON, OFF, CTRL, an what appears to be a second GND. I have no clue but my guess was a positive wire on the ON and a negative on GND or OFF but I truly have no clue.

3. If I figure out how to use the momentary latching switch converter then I don't need to use the Buckpucks accent LED port for my lit AV switch right? Cause their is one on the switch converter.

5. Is a 20 ma LuxDrive 4006 DynaOhm variable resistor a waste on my AV accent LED? Does anyone have a recommended resistor size or should I just use my last DynaOhm?

4. The lines that are broken with white dots are for an alternate wiring with a non Illuminated latching switch, so you would remove the momentary/latching switch convertor from the picture, that said is my wiring right?

5. My battery is a 7.4 2 cell li ion 2400 18650. I was using a 1000 ma Buckpuck with a luxeon tri rebel r/b/g star the red says good to 700ma and the others say good to 1000ma. I was gonna do a .5 to 1. ohm resistor on the negative of all leds and a 20 ma LuxDrive 4006 DynaOhm variable resistor on the Red LED. Are all my LED's safe with this battery setup? The green an blue say up to 1000 ma does that mean my Buckpuck is gonna run them at max? Is that safe? Does my .05 to 1.0 resistor on negative help them?

6. Silly question can I use 3, 5, 10 watt resistors Or do they all need to be a certain watt? I believe my .05-1 ohm resistors are either 3 or 5 watt then all my other resistors are random watts.

Please answer what you can even if it's only one question I know I can't rush anyone here but I am very excited to wire my first saber and I am dying to put it together an turn some lights on. I will be patient though an wait for answers as I'm sure you are all beyond aware these products were pretty expensive an if I mess up I would have to wait to get money to replace them. Thanks a million everyones been a big help so far.

P.S. the orange squares in Pic are quick connects. Also sorry if this is messy It was the second time I have ever done something like this, the first being a very ugly version of it lol
Also if this was the wrong spot to post I'm super sorry I'm brand new to Forums in general

Sincerely Pete

http://i65.tinypic.com/2rp8xeu.jpg