Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Royal Guard-

Jedi Knight
    Sith Acolyte
    Jedi Knight
    DDP FETCHER,SIG BNDWGN STARTER,BOT-WTCH LEADER,PROUDFSM member,FORMER Unofficial TCSS postwhore

Quote Originally Posted by ryanlb
    Acquiring 501st worth costumes is rarely cheap. Especially if they have any type of armor. Ask The Brotherhood of the Sith how much they've spent on their Vader costumes, if you don't know already. Most Vaders have put over $1500 into them, and I'm pretty sure that's a LOW number.
    Good Stormtrooper costumes run $1000+, which is why that's off my list.
    I'd like to do a TIE Fighter pilot someday in the future - not this year, what with all the awesome Master Replicas and Gentle Giant stuff coming out - they generally work out to $500-$800, similar to the Guard.
    SDC sells an Imperial Officer costume for about $350 total, which isn't really bad. If you knew how to sew, or someone that did, you could make that costume for much cheaper.
    I can't afford any of that. I can barely afford litesabers....Guess I'll just stick to my jedi robes & garb...

m..my smiley! The TCSS sig Changer! Former official TCSS postwhore! TCSS Bot Watch scout & declarer! =P
    I am a kinda PROUD member of the FSM!

Hey, I can't afford anything I buy. What's that got to do with it?
    (don't ever get a credit card)
    So help me, if you make me sail a ship made of hobgoblin corpses across the ocean, I will find a way to make you pay. - Redcloak

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

LOL, I hear ya. don't ever do it.

BLUE 3- Ready

Jedi Knight
    Sith Acolyte
    Jedi Knight
    DDP FETCHER,SIG BNDWGN STARTER,BOT-WTCH LEADER,PROUDFSM member,FORMER Unofficial TCSS postwhore

Quote Originally Posted by vortextwist
    LOL, I hear ya. don't ever do it.
    You mean buying things with a card that u cant pay for?

m..my smiley! The TCSS sig Changer! Former official TCSS postwhore! TCSS Bot Watch scout & declarer! =P

not that you can't pay for them, it's just you just keep buying and don't realize it till your maxed, now you have all this dept holding you down.

BLUE 3- Ready

Jedi Knight
    Sith Acolyte
    Jedi Knight

Quote Originally Posted by vortextwist
    not that you can't pay for them, it's just you just keep buying and don't realize it till your maxed, now you have all this dept holding you down.
    I wonder...what exactly happens when you max out? a dept holds me down?

nevermind, I dont' have that much time to teach economics or money management

BLUE 3- Ready

Quote Originally Posted by elrond.406
    That could be the answer to:
    Quote Originally Posted by james3
    Way cool V!
    I was looking hard at doing a guard but gave up on that option. I am guessing you are already aware of the forums for the guard? Great place to get help and info.
    It costed that much with the pike, helmet, and cloak, right?

ID-10-T ALERT!

Don't assume anything about me.

The Royal Guard is actually a reasonably priced costume to do.
    I actually have quite more then that in my Jedi gear and I will not even go into what the cost should be on my current costume building project for the 501st.

The reason nimrod is because venting is a royal b!^&h to do and I like fresh air a little too much.
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

The sleeper has awakened!

Anway, wow, it's been 6 months since any activity in this thread, and almost that long since I've even been on this board.

I FINALLY got my costume from Shadow Dale Creations. 8 months instead of the projected 2-3 months. Not really happy about that, but the robes are Awesome, and the helmet isn't too bad either.

I'm strongly thinking of selling it, as I feel like I paid too much for it (especially considering the wait), but I do really like the robes, in particular. I'm thinking about buying an Imperial Officer costume in its place, but I'm not completely committed to that either. I may just keep it, though I'll need to figure out some issues with the helmet - like getting fresh air in for me to breath, and getting out the moisture from my breath, so as to not fog up the lens - but I'm really not feeling motivated to do that.

If anyone's interested in buying, I've got two sets of robes - one for $250 this one pictured for $300 - and the helmet - another $300.
    So help me, if you make me sail a ship made of hobgoblin corpses across the ocean, I will find a way to make you pay. - Redcloak

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

That wait IS unacceptable, but the prices aren't horrible. If it's the fiberglass upsized helmet that's certainly the going price. The robes seem high, but they do look fantastic.

Frankly, a helmet is worth it's weight in gold. I saw a 501st in a painted Don Post... Ick, that was before she took the helmet off too. Horrible, but the helmet was better.
    RED LEADER Standing by!