Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Royal Guard-

Jedi Knight
    Sith Acolyte
    Jedi Knight
    DDP FETCHER,SIG BNDWGN STARTER,BOT-WTCH LEADER,PROUDFSM member,FORMER Unofficial TCSS postwhore

Where'd u get the costume ryan?

m..my smiley! The TCSS sig Changer! Former official TCSS postwhore! TCSS Bot Watch scout & declarer! =P
    I am a kinda PROUD member of the FSM!

Through the Royal Guard detachment leader. He has a seamstress that makes them. They're quite nice.
    My second set is coming from Shadow Dale Creations. Someday.
    So help me, if you make me sail a ship made of hobgoblin corpses across the ocean, I will find a way to make you pay. - Redcloak

Jedi Knight
    Sith Acolyte
    Jedi Knight
    DDP FETCHER,SIG BNDWGN STARTER,BOT-WTCH LEADER,PROUDFSM member,FORMER Unofficial TCSS postwhore

Well, be sure to post pics...even if the second set never arrives

m..my smiley! The TCSS sig Changer! Former official TCSS postwhore! TCSS Bot Watch scout & declarer! =P

Quote Originally Posted by elrond.406
    Well, be sure to post pics...even if the second set never arrives
    It had better. There exists the possibility that I've been had for $260 worth of Gentle Giant items on eBay, I'll not be pleased if Shadow Dale tries something. He does come recommended highly by several members of the RPF and a 501st member.
    So help me, if you make me sail a ship made of hobgoblin corpses across the ocean, I will find a way to make you pay. - Redcloak

Jedi Knight
    Sith Acolyte
    Jedi Knight

Hey, how much did the two sets cost?

The set I received was $250, the set from SDC was $350, plus shipping.

Jedi Knight
    Sith Acolyte
    Jedi Knight

That could be the answer to:
    Quote Originally Posted by james3
    Way cool V!
    I was looking hard at doing a guard but gave up on that option. I am guessing you are already aware of the forums for the guard? Great place to get help and info.
    It costed that much with the pike, helmet, and cloak, right?

Ha! I wish.

That's for outer cloak and inner cloak. The helmet from SDC was another $300. You can get them cheaper on ebay, but sometimes they need fixing or painting, or they're the small Don Post ones, or whatever. SDCs helmet looks very nice, comes painted, and is large enough to fit around a normal or big head.

A nice machined Force Pike usually goes for $150, if you can find one. There's a guy at www.forcepike.com that is offering one, but I think I'm going to build one out of a pool cue for now, then maybe upgrade to a machined one in the future.

And you'll need boots too. Red ones are expensive, but regular black boots are acceptible, too. I'll be using the ones I paid $40 for my Anakin costume.

Gloves are also needed, but opera gloves can be had for $15-$30.

Jedi Knight
    Sith Acolyte
    Jedi Knight

Quote Originally Posted by ryanlb
    Ha! I wish.

That's for outer cloak and inner cloak. The helmet from SDC was another $300. You can get them cheaper on ebay, but sometimes they need fixing or painting, or they're the small Don Post ones, or whatever. SDCs helmet looks very nice, comes painted, and is large enough to fit around a normal or big head.

A nice machined Force Pike usually goes for $150, if you can find one. There's a guy at www.forcepike.com that is offering one, but I think I'm going to build one out of a pool cue for now, then maybe upgrade to a machined one in the future.

And you'll need boots too. Red ones are expensive, but regular black boots are acceptible, too. I'll be using the ones I paid $40 for my Anakin costume.

Gloves are also needed, but opera gloves can be had for $15-$30.
    ...*one costume off my list

Acquiring 501st worth costumes is rarely cheap. Especially if they have any type of armor. Ask The Brotherhood of the Sith how much they've spent on their Vader costumes, if you don't know already. Most Vaders have put over $1500 into them, and I'm pretty sure that's a LOW number.
    Good Stormtrooper costumes run $1000+, which is why that's off my list.
    I'd like to do a TIE Fighter pilot someday in the future - not this year, what with all the awesome Master Replicas and Gentle Giant stuff coming out - they generally work out to $500-$800, similar to the Guard.
    SDC sells an Imperial Officer costume for about $350 total, which isn't really bad. If you knew how to sew, or someone that did, you could make that costume for much cheaper.