Thread: First Build: Chronomancer

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default First Build: Chronomancer

This is my first lightsaber build, the Chronomancer.

It's a lightsaber build with a time mage theme. The hilt isn't too fancy except for the the shroud which I had originally based on this trinket worn by a time mage in an animated series Im a fan of.

I used the activation box for the diamond in the center of the trinket and the design went through a couple iterations and I ended up with a design that wrapped around the whole circumference of the hilt for the structural integrity of the shroud.

Here are a few pictures of the build process:

And here is the finished saber (unfortunately white noise from my phone mic hides the subtle sound of spinning gears that is present in the idle hum of the saber).

Unfortunately my cram-fu was not up to par and I was about half an inch short so I couldn't get the pommel to thread all the way because I didn't expect the pommel to have a smaller ID than the hilt body. I'll be getting some extensions and chokes to finish out the pommel area.

I would like to thank all you guys here. I had a couple posts on this forum asking about hilt design and wiring etc. I definitely couldn't have done it without you guys.

I also want to give great thanks to Tim, who was great to work with for the custom milling.
    Last edited by Sparda666; 04-05-2016 at 05:27 PM.