Thread: Alternatives to a sink tube blade holder

Default Alternatives to a sink tube blade holder

I am planning on trying to make a sink tube lightsaber, however the blade holders for sink tubes seem to be out of stock. Does anyone know a good alternative to these, or are these the only option?

You can always go with a temporary tape wrapped PVC hand-made blade holder until the part you're waiting for comes in.

Depends on your tube, there are other options, for instance the removable blade Maul conversion is 1.15 od and may be close enough to fit. What size tubing are you using?

I'm on the same ship, the 1.25 inch blade holder (non MHS) is out of stock, what would be another solution? my sink tube is a 1.25 inch and I'm trying to hold my led unit and the blade itself (both parts 1 inch thick). thanks in advance
    Last edited by Alchaggy; 04-10-2016 at 08:55 PM.

Have you come up with a solution? I was thinking of using a bit of 1" copper pipe or a 3/4" coupling, slightly exposed as I think it looks pretty great that way in my mockups. I tested both materials at the hardware store. I'll have to make up some of the space between the pipe and the hilt, but I haven't been able to find a better solution (and now I really like the look of the copper tubing emitter coming out of my brass shroud).