Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LED color mixing: What's the difference between Blue and Royal Blue LED's?

Default LED color mixing: What's the difference between Blue and Royal Blue LED's?

What is the difference between a Blue and Royal Blue LED? If I want more of a Turquoise color, should I mix a Green with Blue or Green with Royal Blue?

Probably want to go with the royal, as the regular blue is lighter and washes out when mixed. You certainly can't make purple with a regular blue, it always comes out pinkish. I get some very pretty shades of cyan and turquoise with royal blue.
    Darth Fender
    Sith Lord

You over estimate my FLOWERS!

Excellent, thanks! Yea, I was thinking Royal Blue.

image.jpgimage.jpg

The shade of Cyan I have on my ascend with a R/G/rB Tri-Cree. Absolutely beautiful and definitely my favorite color profile since I got it wired up.

(sorry about the crappy quality, lost a lot of resolution I'm guessing due to uploading over mobile)

That looks great! However, you're probably using a Petit Crouton board and Color Extender right? I just have a Nano Biscotti.

What is the length of the blade?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthFender View Post
    Probably want to go with the royal, as the regular blue is lighter and washes out when mixed. You certainly can't make purple with a regular blue, it always comes out pinkish. I get some very pretty shades of cyan and turquoise with royal blue.
    Can't make purple with standard blue? Nooooooo that's not true at all dude I colour mix Tri CREE R/b, R/b, R and B, B, R very often. Lots of people prefer the indigo hue of Royal instead of blue in the mix, but when mixing with Tri's all taking full forward current, standard blue gives a much richer medium purple than royal, which to my eyes (though it is very true that we all perceive certain parts of the spectrum of visible light quite differently).

Your point IS correct if you are talking about only mixing 2 dice. 1 blue and 1 red. Then yes absolutely you have pink sir and in that case you would stand a better chance of using Royal blue and changing your res value on the resistor.

Quote Originally Posted by jsummit View Post
    That looks great! However, you're probably using a Petit Crouton board and Color Extender right? I just have a Nano Biscotti.
    Yeah that's with the CFv8 & CeX setup. But I made a saber for my brother with no sound card. just the rB and G LEDs ran together and the color is almost identical.

Quote Originally Posted by jsummit View Post
    What is the length of the blade?
    I'm pretty sure its my 30" blade in the pictures.
    Thin-walled trans-white, wrapped with around 5' of clear gift wrap. Really evens out the blade!

What about a deep Red/ Green/ Royal blue led set up? I really want a saber with the option for all 3 colors but would they mix well? Also I know I need to resistor the red but I dont know what to use. Does the royal blue get one too? Board is an NEC igniter 2