Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sneak peak- Saber #2 -Yet to decide on name

Default Sneak peak- Saber #2 -Yet to decide on name

My son and I just wrapped up, we'll sort of saber #2 in his storied build. Sort of meaning the parts are fabricated and wired, but because his science fair is tomorrow it is unpainted and the brass shroud is yet to be started.

Also I do have the same issue that some have expressed lately with the NB v3 and constant swing sounds. Outside the hilt it is fine, once I slide the hilt over the chassis and chamber it will randomly make swing sounds, once you initiate the first. It is extremely loud and bassy when sealed in the hilt and it is a very tight fit to the body. If anyone has any tips I am open to suggestions. After the science fair I will adjust the volume and swing sensitivity and see where that gets me.

Sorry it is not lit, wife and daughter went to bed, and it woke her up from the garage when I fired it up earlier. Also threw in some process photos an an image of the initial chamber mockup showing his "Kryat Dragan Pears" lit up.

Last edited by FenixFire; 04-04-2016 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Image test.

That looks awesome Fenix. What's the deal with the 'Ezra'? Is it bought or built?

Blog Entries

Very cool! what an awesome project for him.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Awesome, your son just won all science fairs until the end of time.

[QUOTE=Greenie;257228]That looks awesome Fenix. What's the deal with the 'Ezra'? Is it bought or built?
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...highlight=Ezra

It was our first, built on the hasbro Ezra card using the pnp mosfet setup. It's still a work in progress, as I have a rechargeable battery built for it now and a cast acrylic rod for him to dremel carve into an unstable blade...once I turn it down from the 1.5 inches.
    Last edited by FenixFire; 04-05-2016 at 05:58 AM.

That's a great science fair project! And I like the idea of using cat's eye marbles in the crystal chamber.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    That's a great science fair project! And I like the idea of using cat's eye marbles in the crystal chamber.
    I have a friend who blows his own "Spirit Spheres" and Dylan said they reminded him of Kryat Dragon pearls...so he started building holders from an old 4D maglight I had laying around. Now it might be Saber #3 some day...

Quote Originally Posted by solaren View Post
    Awesome, your son just won all science fairs until the end of time.
    ^I second this!
    Why did Isendra die? Tell me the truth!

That it is beyond your abilities does not mean it is beyond mine. I learned the lesson of Isendra's death. But I was given my power for a reason, and it is my burden to use it.
    I will use it, not fear it as you do, High Councilor Valthek

@FenixFire. I don't know how I missed that when you posted it. That's a pretty sweet build and so cool that you're doing it together.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    @FenixFire. I don't know how I missed that when you posted it. That's a pretty sweet build and so cool that you're doing it together.
    We needed to have something other than the baseball (he plays on a select year round team and I help coach) to bond over because it was killing our relationship and family time. He actually came to me with the proposition, YouTube videos from Madcow, and a very long story of the father and son characters and their lightsabers.

Images of it lit now that the science fair is over and the wife is awake

We have tournaments for the next 5 weekends, then a vacation, then 6 more weeks of tournaments so I am not sure when we will have the finishing touches done.
    Last edited by FenixFire; 04-05-2016 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Fixed image links