Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: orange blade

Sith Minion
    Jedi Initiate

that's what i'm saying can't wait to try some of the tri mounts in diff configs with clash affects. but with the P4 I don't really see any dimming in the blade unless trying to get a deep purple. I've got a good range of colors with filters from blues to greens to yellow and orange, cant get a red no matter what I try but that's to be expected. I don't lose much light at all with the lee filters. you have to remember these glass filters that lee sales are made for lights that are 20 times more powerful but still small. I will post pics when done.

I harnessed the energy of the yellow sun in one of my kryptonian crystals to power my lightsaber

No man stands so tall as when he kneels to help a child
    Mr. Abe Lincoln

I think most people are thinking they want the RGB Endors so they can get the white flash on clash which admittedly would be cool, but the price of that is that for certain colours - specifically purple and orange - you end up with effectively a DUAL rebel instead of a tri-rebel with the Endor since one of the LEDs is turned completely OFF except when doing the white flash - and besides that one of the remaining may be turned up or down with pots for colour mixing so at BEST you are getting a 'bi-Lux' 2 LEDs worth of brightness...maybe only a 'Lux and a half' so to speak [not to be confused with lux measurement] eh?

I'm not sure the white clash-flash would be worth that reduction in brightness so I'm more interested in custom LED endors with all three LEDs left 'ON' for BRIGHT oranges and purples even if there is no white clash-flash...other folks mileage may vary.

And I'd also like to try the 540 lumen white endor with filters or as 'adegan silver'...at the equivalent of a 30 watt lightbulb its still probably not going to show up in bright sunlight but on semi-overcast days maybe it would work, I hope.

All waiting on Endor optics of course

Sith Minion
    Jedi Initiate

I want to try one of two setups or both but two greens with a yellow for clash or two reds with a yellow for clash, I just think they would look really cool. Most of my sabers wont have sound so I have room to play with batts and drivers.

I harnessed the energy of the yellow sun in one of my kryptonian crystals to power my lightsaber

Mr. Abe Lincoln

White will no dout not show up in day light.

What I want to do is eventually all of my sabers(2 or 3 at max) will have a white led setup of sorts, then I will have a blade with a gel filter in the blade itself, then some for of diffusion material like polyP or something like that.

When blade is in it looks like its on in the daylight and at night it will light up whatever color I chose.

Theres a topic about this around here somewhere but when I tryed getting more info about the blades I never got a reply back.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Council Member
    Jedi Master

I just picked up some yellow cellophane gift wrap that I'd like to try with my white LED. I'm thinking one or two wraps around the outer layer would be enough to get that effect. I'll try it tomorrow and post pictures.

Edit: I'll try it with a red filter too.

You may want to try about 8 foot of it then maybe a dual film style inside that. I head that just colored cello dosent work very well. But I would still like to see what it would look like.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Sith Minion
    Jedi Initiate

I actually think it works great I don't know about the cello wrap but the poly colored works great but you do need about 5 to 8 feet inside, and no clear poly. I would just use the corbin film first then the colored wrap that way the corbin will help trap some of the light inside the colored wrap. only use a single wrap of corbin. I tried red so far like 10 feet of it with corbin, it looked great, a little dim but I think with the P7 I should be fine. I get a real even blade but it's dim, maybe I will change batts real quick and post some pics

Mr. Abe Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Hasid Lafre View Post
    White will no dout not show up in day light.

What I want to do is eventually all of my sabers(2 or 3 at max) will have a white led setup of sorts, then I will have a blade with a gel filter in the blade itself, then some for of diffusion material like polyP or something like that.

When blade is in it looks like its on in the daylight and at night it will light up whatever color I chose.

Theres a topic about this around here somewhere but when I tryed getting more info about the blades I never got a reply back.
    Yeah I remember that thread and it would look good for costuming or dueling but I'd really love a blade that 'lights up' in daylight [on at least semi overcast days or in the woods not only at night] for 'Cinema Verite' [which by definition excludes Rotoscoping].

I'm guessing that since I read outdoor LED TV screens are 1000-2000 cdm^2 and that 100 watt lightbulbs are 1620 lumens [according to the label on the ones I just bought...wikipedia says 1700] that a daylight saber is going to have to be 1500 lumens or more MINIMUM...?

...YIPES...

...oh well maybe 'someday' my 'cinema verite' daylight fan film will be possible...but even an OVERCAST day saber would be closer to useful f0or my purpose...could maybe 'write around' that limitation...