Thread: Crystal Chambers; Rough Drafts...

Default Crystal Chambers; Rough Drafts...

So I will be starting my second build soon, and it will include 2 separate crystal chambers...

I have been fiddling with some parts putting together different chambers over the past few days and here is what I have come up with:

1st draft

2nd draft

3rd draft

4th draft (most recent)

I plan on cutting all of the radiator fins except the silver one so there is a better view of the crystal, and a red LED to light the crystal white was all I had at the moment. I also plan on adding a few pogo pins, and some other small camera parts I scavenged to the chamber when I have some more time. Let me know what you guys think, questions, advise, criticism are all welcome! Oh and I recently found out I may have unlimited access to a metal lathe... Things are going to get interesting.

I really like the first one, though I'm curious what's going to hold the crystals in place.

I love the third and fourth designs (I can't really tell what the difference is haha). Great work!

Quote Originally Posted by NanoRex View Post
    I love the third and fourth designs (I can't really tell what the difference is haha). Great work!
    Nothing as of yet...

Quote Originally Posted by CET View Post
    I really like the first one, though I'm curious what's going to hold the crystals in place.
    Thanks, the biggest difference is I removed all the brass nuts and put silver ones for some contrast.

I did get access to the lathe I mentioned above! I ran some hard drive motors and spindles through it today to get a 1.06" diameter. They fit perfectly in my Maul hilt. I also have tons of scrap metal to work with as well, only down side is that is all steel... But it will work as I perfect my skills at the lathe. This opens up a whole new world of saber building for me. Super exciting! I will be adding some more pics in a few days of different designs when I have some free time to spend at the shop.